GEICO

www.geico.com
There are newer employer reviews for GEICO

Best & worst career you can want

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Lakeland, FL
Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Lakeland, FL

I have been working at GEICO part-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Pay, Stable job, Benefits, flexible work schedules

Cons

High Stress, Poor Management, corporate greed, treats employees like they are never good enough and always putting everyone down.

Please quit basing everything the company does on your own bonuses. This company will fail if results are driven by bonuses and not what is best for the customer/employees. Greed has caused many companies to fall.

949 Other Employee Reviews for GEICO (View Most Recent)

"A Truly Terrible Place to Work"

Former Employee - GEICO Sales Representative in Fredericksburg, VA
    Former Employee - GEICO Sales Representative in Fredericksburg, VA

I worked at GEICO full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Good health insurance benefits, good training

Cons

I was hired in 2011 for a "sales" position. I thought it was auto insurance sales, but it turned out to be boat insurance. I figured it would be an interesting challenge, so I went along with it. I completed the licensing training (which was excellent) and the sales training (which was so-so). I started on the floor, and I was horrified at the level of micro-management and criticism that was dished out to the employees. Every minute of your day is scrutinized. People listen to your phone calls anonymously and side-by-side for the sole purpose, it seems, of criticizing the employees and making them feel terrible about their jobs. The managers are small-minded and terrified for their own jobs, and managers in that department were some of the weakest and most inefficient that I have ever had the displeasure of working for, I kept approaching the managers to find out why they were giving me such low scores on my phone calls, since I had never received a customer complaint and I had never had a policy returned for errors. In fact, the customers frequently complimented me and told me how helpful I had been! I rarely received any positive feedback from the bosses (if that is what you want to call them), and it quickly became clear to me that they were doing what they could do rush me and others employees who did not bow and scrape out the the door. I was fired without warning, but it was the best thing that ever happened to me. I wne to HR to request that an investigation be conducted regarding my firing, and I was told that would happen. Of course, it did not... no surprise. Every day was a grind, and it is no wonder that turnover is sky-high, Every weekend there is a job fair - not because of growth, but because they have to replace the employees who were fired that week.

Get a handle on your managers!

GEICO, Auto Damage Appraiser Review

Current Employee - Auto Damage Appraiser in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Auto Damage Appraiser in Washington, DC

I have been working at GEICO full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great place to get the training needed to be a successful adjuster.

Cons

Workload seems to be much heavier than similar companies.

There are newer employer reviews for GEICO