GEICO

www.geico.com

Never seen a company more emotionally abusive than Geico

Claims Service Representative (Current Employee) Lakeland, FL

Pros-Good Pay
-I actually like what I do.

ConsIt's a shame because I do love my job but this place takes micro-management to a completely new level. They will cut you down until there really is nothing left with their ridiculous goals and 'A-Call' criteria. It does not matter if you get 50 components to a call correct, if you forget to tell someone about Geico.com you get marked down all together.

They have these things called 'Css' surveys which count for 20 percent of your score. Anything less than a 9 counts as a 1 which is just asinine. Also, if the customer has a problem with your Liability decision or the field Adjuster they are going to mark you low.

The job really is a sales position of trying to force people into their special shops.

Just an overall bad place to work. If you want to come home from work depressed everyday and feeling like the world's biggest screw-up than get a job here.

Advice to Senior ManagementActually care about the wellness of your employees! Someone should not be placed on warning if they get seriously sick and their 'dependability' falls below 97%. There is a reason why your turn-over is so high. Stop acting like your employees are expendable.

A good place to sart in the insurance industry

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Virginia Beach, VA

I worked at GEICO

Pros: Geico was a positive experience for me. There are many talented employees and the atmosphere was… Cons: The company has a strategy to keep employees by stating that Geico offers the best benefits, salaries, and job security in the industry which is… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

"A Truly Terrible Place to Work"

GEICO Sales Representative (Former Employee) Fredericksburg, VA

I worked at GEICO full-time for less than a year

Pros: Good health insurance benefits, good training Cons: I was hired in 2011 for a "sales" position. I thought it was auto insurance sales, but it turned out to be boat insurance.… Advice to Senior Management: Get a handle on your managers! No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on GEICO.

Worked for GEICO? Contribute to the Community!