GEICO

www.geico.com
  www.geico.com
There are newer employer reviews for GEICO

Never seen a company more emotionally abusive than Geico

Current Employee - Claims Service Representative in Lakeland, FL
Current Employee - Claims Service Representative in Lakeland, FL

I have been working at GEICO full-time (more than an year)

Pros

-Good Pay
-I actually like what I do.

Cons

It's a shame because I do love my job but this place takes micro-management to a completely new level. They will cut you down until there really is nothing left with their ridiculous goals and 'A-Call' criteria. It does not matter if you get 50 components to a call correct, if you forget to tell someone about Geico.com you get marked down all together.

They have these things called 'Css' surveys which count for 20 percent of your score. Anything less than a 9 counts as a 1 which is just asinine. Also, if the customer has a problem with your Liability decision or the field Adjuster they are going to mark you low.

The job really is a sales position of trying to force people into their special shops.

Just an overall bad place to work. If you want to come home from work depressed everyday and feeling like the world's biggest screw-up than get a job here.

Actually care about the wellness of your employees! Someone should not be placed on warning if they get seriously sick and their 'dependability' falls below 97%. There is a reason why your turn-over is so high. Stop acting like your employees are expendable.

915 Other Employee Reviews for GEICO (View Most Recent)

A good place to sart in the insurance industry

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Virginia Beach, VA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Virginia Beach, VA

I worked at GEICO

Pros

Geico was a positive experience for me. There are many talented employees and the atmosphere was upbeat while still being professional. It is a very good place to begin an insurance career.

Cons

The company has a strategy to keep employees by stating that Geico offers the best benefits, salaries, and job security in the industry which is just not true. There are lots of opportunities in this field and most of the large carriers are way ahead of Geico in salaries and benefits.

Best & worst career you can want

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Lakeland, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Lakeland, FL

I have been working at GEICO part-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Pay, Stable job, Benefits, flexible work schedules

Cons

High Stress, Poor Management, corporate greed, treats employees like they are never good enough and always putting everyone down.

Please quit basing everything the company does on your own bonuses. This company will fail if results are driven by bonuses and not what is best for the customer/employees. Greed has caused many companies to fall.

There are newer employer reviews for GEICO