GEICO
www.geico.com Washington, DC 5000+ Employees

Analyst's Review of GEICO

Business Analyst (Current Employee)
Chevy Chase, MD

ProsVery fun people to be around. Relaxed environment. Stable company. Amazing experience if work in marketing/product management. Profit sharing. Good health benefits. Extremely scrappy culture.

ConsPretty low pay- even with profit sharing. Whatever they offer you will be below what you expect if you're degreed. If you work on the phones then you will probably hate your job. Requirements to move up/get promoted are very unclear. I think this is purposefully done to keep expenses down but I can't prove it.

Advice to Senior ManagementClearly, you all are doing a stellar job. Some people love the company. Some people hate it. Most like it. I liked it and I learned how to kick butt in business from watching GEICO take other companies' policyholders.

Its how much you sell

GEICO Sales Representative (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

I have been working at GEICO full-time for less than a year

Pros: decent pay for the work Cons: its how much u sell. If u sell enough you… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Chevy Chase, MD

I worked at GEICO full-time

Pros: -Successful company - strong financial backing -Drive for results - set high goals and work hard to meet them -Good work/ life balance - occasional overtime,… Cons: -Some inflexible policies - there are no options for alternative work schedules like working long days and having Fridays off nor working… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on GEICO.

Worked for GEICO? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at GEICO reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for GEICO CEO Olza (Tony) Nicely. All reviews posted anonymously by GEICO employees.