There are newer employer reviews for GEICO

A stable company with some management quirks. Upward mobility is almost limitless; if you work hard you will do well.

Current Employee - Systems Team Lead  in  Chevy Chase, MD
Current Employee - Systems Team Lead in Chevy Chase, MD

I have been working at GEICO full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Upward mobility - almost every position is posted internally first
Benefits - Excellent health plans (but vision coverage is lacking)
Profit Sharing
Solid Financial Stability

Cons

Some policies are outdated -- no real telecommute policy, many things are micromanaged too far (expense reports being rejected because you do not have a receipt for coin operated laundry is silly).

Put more effort into respect for all associates, and IT related initiatives need more attention to remain competitive (a lot of the IT directors were the same IT directors 10 years ago -- look to rotate some of these responsibilities, and not just between the same directors).
C-Level management is top notch at GEICO, but some of the directors are not nearly as effective.

830 Other Employee Reviews for GEICO (View Most Recent)

Ok place to work

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Tucson, AZ
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tucson, AZ

I worked at GEICO full-time for more than a year

Pros

The training for customer service was amazing, I learned quite a bit from it. The profit sharing was good a little bonus at the end of the year. Work schedule was awesome, good camaraderie in my team. The company really cared about the customers. Most managers were really cool to work with.

Cons

As I mentioned before most managers were great to work for. Three of the four managers I worked for were great. Some times it was a little difficult to find a supervisor on the phone.

Make sure the agents are treated like people.

Great place to work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Chevy Chase, MD
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chevy Chase, MD

I worked at GEICO full-time

Pros

-Successful company - strong financial backing
    -Drive for results - set high goals and work hard to meet them
    -Good work/ life balance - occasional overtime, but not excessive and rarely required
    -Very tight knit community - lots of ways to get involved/ meet people, charity functions, help to succeed at work

Cons

-Some inflexible policies - there are no options for alternative work schedules like working long days and having Fridays off nor working remotely. However, you can set your own hours as long as you're in the office for core hours and any required meetings.

There are newer employer reviews for GEICO

Worked for GEICO? Contribute to the Community!