GEICO

There are newer employer reviews for GEICO

TCR1 at GEICO

Current Employee - TCR1 - Claims Adjuster in Lakeland, FL
Current Employee - TCR1 - Claims Adjuster in Lakeland, FL

I have been working at GEICO full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great benefits. Relatively easy job if you don't mind doing busy work and getting yelled at on the phone from time to time. If you aren't a "go getter" this is a great job to make a career out of. Profit sharing is awesome as well. There is a slow, but guaranteed climb to the top if you work hard and grind it out.

Cons

Boring. You are going to do the same thing over and over and over.

You guys do a good job. Don't be afraid to reward someone for being awesome out of the blue.

913 Other Employee Reviews for GEICO (View Most Recent)

A stable company with some management quirks. Upward mobility is almost limitless; if you work hard you will do well.

Current Employee - Systems Team Lead in Chevy Chase, MD
    Current Employee - Systems Team Lead in Chevy Chase, MD

I have been working at GEICO full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Upward mobility - almost every position is posted internally first
    Benefits - Excellent health plans (but vision coverage is lacking)
    Profit Sharing
    Solid Financial Stability

Cons

Some policies are outdated -- no real telecommute policy, many things are micromanaged too far (expense reports being rejected because you do not have a receipt for coin operated laundry is silly).

Put more effort into respect for all associates, and IT related initiatives need more attention to remain competitive (a lot of the IT directors were the same IT directors 10 years ago -- look to rotate some of these responsibilities, and not just between the same directors).
    C-Level management is top notch at GEICO, but some of the directors are not nearly as effective.

Ok place to work

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tucson, AZ
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tucson, AZ

I worked at GEICO full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The training for customer service was amazing, I learned quite a bit from it. The profit sharing was good a little bonus at the end of the year. Work schedule was awesome, good camaraderie in my team. The company really cared about the customers. Most managers were really cool to work with.

Cons

As I mentioned before most managers were great to work for. Three of the four managers I worked for were great. Some times it was a little difficult to find a supervisor on the phone.

Make sure the agents are treated like people.

There are newer employer reviews for GEICO