TCR1 at GEICO

Current Employee - TCR1 - Claims Adjuster in Lakeland, FL
Current Employee - TCR1 - Claims Adjuster in Lakeland, FL

I have been working at GEICO full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits. Relatively easy job if you don't mind doing busy work and getting yelled at on the phone from time to time. If you aren't a "go getter" this is a great job to make a career out of. Profit sharing is awesome as well. There is a slow, but guaranteed climb to the top if you work hard and grind it out.

Cons

Boring. You are going to do the same thing over and over and over.

Advice to Management

You guys do a good job. Don't be afraid to reward someone for being awesome out of the blue.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Terrible

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Woodbury, NY
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Woodbury, NY

I worked at GEICO full-time

Pros

decent pay in this economy and excellent benefits.

Cons

Too many to name. Before I took the position at Geico I was very skeptical about it. The reason being is because I saw quite a lot of negative comments about the company and management and the so called "coaches". To make a long story short a lot of the negative comments are not here they have been removed. I guess to give a false impression. I would tell anyone beware of a company that has an 80% turnover rate. They do not actually want older employees there and will make it hard for the ones that are there to move them out. My advice to anyone offered a job there is don't accept it. I and several of my coworkers left because of all the nonsense there.

Advice to Management

Please consider how you treat your employees. They are not slaves!!!
    Stop being phony. Make sure you train your coaches properly so they are not giving out wrong information.

2. A stable company with some management quirks. Upward mobility is almost limitless; if you work hard you will do well.

Current Employee - Systems Team Lead in Chevy Chase, MD
    Current Employee - Systems Team Lead in Chevy Chase, MD

I have been working at GEICO full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Upward mobility - almost every position is posted internally first
    Benefits - Excellent health plans (but vision coverage is lacking)
    Profit Sharing
    Solid Financial Stability

Cons

Some policies are outdated -- no real telecommute policy, many things are micromanaged too far (expense reports being rejected because you do not have a receipt for coin operated laundry is silly).

Advice to Management

Put more effort into respect for all associates, and IT related initiatives need more attention to remain competitive (a lot of the IT directors were the same IT directors 10 years ago -- look to rotate some of these responsibilities, and not just between the same directors).
    C-Level management is top notch at GEICO, but some of the directors are not nearly as effective.