There are newer employer reviews for GEICO

So far So good

Current Employee - Salvage Specialist  in  Macon, GA
Current Employee - Salvage Specialist in Macon, GA

I have been working at GEICO part-time

Pros

From what I can tell, the benefits are pretty awesome. The health insurance is top notch, they have profit sharing, 401k, in my department we have 6 paid holidays and 4 floating holidays. 3 sick days and 3 personal days plus 2 weeks of vacation. I think that is a pretty sweet deal. You get what you put into it. I work hard so I plan on it paying off. If I slack off then I deserve what happens next.

Cons

Parking is a down side. In training you get a 1 hour lunch and then when you hit the floor you only get 30 minutes. Tough since you have to go downstairs to get lunch. That's about it for the cons.

830 Other Employee Reviews for GEICO (View Most Recent)

This job is not for the weak. Working in claims is hard and Geico makes it harder.

Current Employee - Ta1  in  Lakeland, FL
    Current Employee - Ta1 in Lakeland, FL

I have been working at GEICO full-time for more than a year

Pros

Extensive training program but a lot of learn as you go as well. They hire a lot of young people or people with little or no experience.

Cons

Unreasonable expectations, do not value employees, management cares about nothing but the bottom line, pay is the lowest in the industry, work is not evenly distributed but employees have the same rating process

Auto Damage Adjuster

Former Employee - Auto Damage Adjuster  in  Hayward, CA
    Former Employee - Auto Damage Adjuster in Hayward, CA

I worked at GEICO full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Company has great benefits. Salary is fair and can be decent if you perform well.

Cons

Company is geared to aim for intern positions. Upper management only care about numbers and customer service. Management expects great customer service at the same time they overload you with assignments and don't want to compensate you for over time. HR manager are always looking to fire or demote employees for small mistakes. Overall the managers only cares about numbers to present to upper management that they are the best. It doesn't matter who step stab or step on. They get to a point where they don't show any appreceation to the workers out on the floor, which are really the work horse of thier success.

There are newer employer reviews for GEICO

Worked for GEICO? Contribute to the Community!