GEICO

www.geico.com

Corporate Call Center, Stressful/Negative atmosphere, Belittling Managers

TA I Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) Fredericksburg, VA

Pros-Salary- At 40k starting out in the Fredericksburg area, that is really high compared to salaries with other companys.
-No Commute
-Great Benefits

Cons-Call Center- need I say more? You are constantly being listened to, graded on almost unattainable expectations, worried to death by your managers if you say the "wrong" thing to a customer and headquarters might be listening to your call. I was downgraded for the silliest things, I am not a robot, I am a normal human being and customers would rather want to hear a normal person talking to them on the phone.
- All jobs are stressful, but the fact that you are glued to a phone in a cubicle just made it worse.
- "Low cost provider" cheap office equipment, old computers, get with the times!!
-ALWAYS hiring-- managers and hr will tell you its because they are growing, NOPE its because people are always quitting.
-I made the mistake of leaving my previous job to come to GEICO solely on the fact that it was a significantly higher salary. I should have really thought about what I was getting myself into. If you are thinking about getting a job at GEICO, especially in the claims department, ,really think about what the working environment will be like. You do not have any face to face contact with your customers, its an extremely stressful time for them, so they are going to be rude and impatient.The fact that your only contact with them is over the phone, they will have more...(how do I say this appropriately) "confidence" in speaking rudely to you because they will never see you in person. There is 4 months of training, but I think half of it was wasted on irrelevant topics and corny training exercises. Just teach us what the job REALLY entails, not wasted on watching 1990's training CD-ROMs.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagers take their status to a whole new level. They of course were in your shoes at one time, but many of them seem to forget to relate to what you're going through. Its like their egos blow up. Most of us just felt like a heard of cattle...

autocratic management style

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

I have been working at GEICO as a contractor for more than 5 years

Pros: financially sound company with a good credit rating Cons: regressive, outdated management style that is not sensitive to the… Advice to Senior Management: 19th century attitudes towards employees is not a successful plan… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Room to grow and relocate

Insurance Sales (Current Employee) Woodbury, NY

I have been working at GEICO full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Can start at any level and move up. It depends on how hard you work and how people perceive you (pro and con). If you… Cons: Have to drink the cool-aid. You probably will not get anywhere if you don't. Do NOT be late or take an emergency day… Advice to Senior Management: Sales and service employees have lives too. Be respectful. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on GEICO.

Worked for GEICO? Contribute to the Community!