GEICO

www.geico.com

autocratic management style

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Pros

financially sound company with a good credit rating

Cons

regressive, outdated management style that is not sensitive to the needs of 21st century employees

19th century attitudes towards employees is not a successful plan for the 21st century

Other reviews for GEICO

So far So good

Current Employee - Salvage Specialist  in  Macon, GA
    Current Employee - Salvage Specialist in Macon, GA

Pros

From what I can tell, the benefits are pretty awesome. The health insurance is top notch, they have profit sharing, 401k, in my department we have 6 paid holidays and 4 floating holidays. 3 sick days and 3 personal days plus 2 weeks of vacation. I think that is a pretty sweet deal. You get what you put into it. I work hard so I plan on it paying off. If I slack off then I deserve what happens next.

Cons

Parking is a down side. In training you get a 1 hour lunch and then when you hit the floor you only get 30 minutes. Tough since you have to go downstairs to get lunch. That's about it for the cons.

This job is not for the weak. Working in claims is hard and Geico makes it harder.

Current Employee - Ta1  in  Lakeland, FL
    Current Employee - Ta1 in Lakeland, FL

Pros

Extensive training program but a lot of learn as you go as well. They hire a lot of young people or people with little or no experience.

Cons

Unreasonable expectations, do not value employees, management cares about nothing but the bottom line, pay is the lowest in the industry, work is not evenly distributed but employees have the same rating process

There are newer employer reviews for GEICO.

Worked for GEICO? Contribute to the Community!