GEICO
www.geico.com Washington, DC 5000+ Employees

A conservative place to work

Business Analyst (Former Employee)
Washington, DC

ProsGreat job security, almost impossible to get fired. Not a lot of long hours. Recognized brand; better location than a lot of other insurance companies.

ConsLow salary; high bureaucracy; very similar to working for the government (salary structure is explicitly modeled after it with "grades"). Difficult to see advancement except through going through "the regions" or just sheer waiting.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou can probably save a lot of money on consultants if you just hired competent people and paid them what they were worth.

Great Learning Experience

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)
    Getzville, NY

I worked at GEICO full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Geico was a great place to introduce me to the world of full-time office… Cons: The goals change often and there can be repercussions for not being able… Advice to Senior Management: I would suggest being more accommodating when an employee can't… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

So far So good

Salvage Specialist (Current Employee)
    Macon, GA

I have been working at GEICO part-time

Pros: From what I can tell, the benefits are pretty awesome. The health insurance is top notch, they have profit sharing, 401k, in my department we… Cons: Parking is a down side. In training you get a 1 hour lunch and then when you hit the floor… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on GEICO.

Worked for GEICO? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at GEICO reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for GEICO CEO Olza (Tony) Nicely. All reviews posted anonymously by GEICO employees.