GEICO
www.geico.com Washington, DC 5000+ Employees

I.H.R. (In-House Retirement) for Accountants

Staff Accountant (Current Employee)
Chevy Chase, MD

I have been working at GEICO full-time for more than 3 years

ProsEasy workload. Decent salary. You get your own cubicle.

ConsGEICO is a low-cost provider. The company treats EVERYTHING as a cost as opposed to an investment. People come to GEICO to gain starter experience, then jump ship quickly before they get into IHR mode. I'm about to do the same within the next year.

The Accounting department is a place for lifers who just want to come to work, sit around, and collect an easy paycheck. There is very little incentive to work harder because promotions are often based on seniority. Once promoted, people love to sit back and coast.

Advice to Senior ManagementRETIRE. All senior management are in their late 50s and early 60s. Tony Nicely is nearing 80. Get some younger people fast-tracked to senior management roles so that they can revamp this dinosaur of a company and attract smart, young talent.

A conservative place to work

Business Analyst (Former Employee)
Washington, DC

I worked at GEICO full-time for more than a year

Pros: Great job security, almost impossible to get fired. Not a lot of… Cons: Low salary; high bureaucracy; very similar to working for the government (salary structure is explicitly modeled after… Advice to Senior Management: You can probably save a lot of money on consultants if… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Very happy

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)
Dallas, TX

I have been working at GEICO full-time for less than a year

Pros: Awesome benefits, great training, nice work environment. Cons: Very strict dependability, need to plan your time very carefully. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on GEICO.

Worked for GEICO? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at GEICO reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for GEICO CEO Olza (Tony) Nicely. All reviews posted anonymously by GEICO employees.