GEICO
www.geico.com Washington, DC 5000+ Employees

your just a number

Claims Examiner (Current Employee)
Woodbury, NY

I have been working at GEICO full-time for more than 3 years

Proshealth benefits and pay only

Consthey only care about numbers if you speak up you will never get anywhere. there is a big turnover there, they are always bribing us with money to get family and friends to apply. I don't know of any co-workers who take them up on it. Most people I run into on Long Island have either worked here or have heard bad things about working here and I can't even tell them their wrong. They will overwhelm you with work so you can never do everything right, they love to GIG you (mark you down - down code your files). A supervisor was heard telling another supervisor "this is how you get them" meaning how to down code employee files so they can make another supervisor section look bad and themselves look good. Good luck ever leaving on time. don't believe they have open door policy, it will be used against you, I witness that one.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop treating your workers like children and nit picking everything, my co-workers and I work hard and we are nit picked to death for things that mean nothing to anyone except to some supervisor looking for a reason to get someone fired or moved because they fit into their click. We all joke it's like being in high school, and your supervisors and managers are just stepping on each other trying to look good for you or make the other look bad instead of doing whats right. I have seen thousands of dollars wasted due to lack of mgnt but we get in trouble for not putting a piece a paper that means nothing in a file a day later the what they wanted. it is seen as a critical error so they can mark you down on report card (High school). I told a supervisor about lots $$$ being wasted and tried to minimize the amount of it and I was blown off. keep wasting our time on unnecessary task, and your money then blaming us. your employees are unhappy which makes your customers unhappy, happy employees = happy customers = money saved. ask yourself why the big turn over in employees? I know of no one there who is happy or would refer anyone and I think that is sad. it's just a job so why would anyone do more then they have to.

Not Satifying

Claims Service Representative (Current Employee)
Lakeland, FL

I have been working at GEICO full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Decent Pay and Great Benefits. Cons: Constant change that makes your job harder and less efficient rather than the opposite effect. Everything is based on number… Advice to Senior Management: Take notice of employees who actually do thier jobs not… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Terrible

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)
Buffalo, NY

I worked at GEICO full-time for more than a year

Pros: Great training, you become very knowledgable of the insurance industry… Cons: The company does not care about their employees. The job is challenging but if you have the motivation you… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on GEICO.

Worked for GEICO? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at GEICO reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for GEICO CEO Olza (Tony) Nicely. All reviews posted anonymously by GEICO employees.