GEICO

www.geico.com
  www.geico.com
There are newer employer reviews for GEICO

Just a numbered seat filler!

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Virginia Beach, VA
Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Virginia Beach, VA

I worked at GEICO full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Good benefits. Thats the only good thing!

Cons

Micro managed. NO matter how good you do on a call there is alway a "but". You can be on a call for 20 minutes and the customer is satisfied, but one thing wrong fails the whole call. Expectations are to high. Management doesnt see you as a human, they see you as a number. You dont just handle a customers request, you then have to squeeze in so much other stuff that they didnt call for or ask for. Then your told to cut down your talk time. Hard to get time off. No respect for CSR dept at the Virginia Beach office at all, and hard to get out of that dept. if you get a chance to post for another position. Dont bother trying to ask supervisors for help either. If you call their desk phone they wont answer, even if you can see them sitting right at their desks. When a sup does answer they tell you to call another sup, that they are busy. If a customer asks to speak to a sup, forget about it. Most sups will just telll you what to tell the customer. Most HATED job I ever had................

Treat your workers like people, not just your customers. Listen to what they are telling you and make real changes. The only changes you make are adding requirements to what employees have to do. They already have enough to do!

887 Other Employee Reviews for GEICO (View Most Recent)

Very Stressful & Way Too Demanding

Former Employee - GEICO Sales Representative in Woodbury, NY
    Former Employee - GEICO Sales Representative in Woodbury, NY

I worked at GEICO full-time (less than an year)

Pros

When i started there i thought the job was great. It was a pretty decent starting salary for someone without a college degree and full paid training. There were also ways to get my salary higher all while in training, but i heard that they did away with most of that. All of my co-workers and everybody i met in the building were really friendly, even upper management. There were 2 months of training (paid) but it is very demanding. The first 3 weeks are a college level insurance course crammed in to 3 weeks. The trainer was unbelievably good, but there's so much material and so little time. Then you're doing specific Geico training for another 5 weeks.

Cons

The job is very very stressful. Once you get on to the sales floor you are just thrown in to the thick of it and are compared to the rest of the sales floor right away (some people have been there for over 10 years). You have to really sell well from day 1 in order to be successful there. You are just a number to them, and if you are not constantly reaching your goals and exceeding them, then you hear about it constantly. Not to mention the goals are constantly changing, and none of the supervisors are on the same page. One supervisor will tell you one thing, and then you hear something else from a different supervisor. I don't know how they manage that place, because it is constant chaos. If you are selling good, they disregard any errors that you are making, but if you are not selling well enough to their standards, you are under a constant microscope and always warned about your job being on the line. I was warned 3-4 times in my first 4 months there that my job is on the line (and i was hitting almost all of my goals and was best in my training class). The supervision and coaching is really poor. As a brand new employee, my supervisor was never there for me. Then after 3 months, they switched my group and the new sup was even worse and had it out for me from day 1 because she had the best group on the floor and i was her worst employee (numbers-wise). There was no coaching involved and no talk about improving my numbers. Then one day, they just let me go. The turn-over there is unbelievable. Whether its from management or employees leaving because of the stress.

For a place that really likes to micro-manage to the extreme, you're doing a very bad job at it. Get all of your supervisors, coaches and managers on the same page. Every single sup had a different answer for almost every question, and most of the sups had no idea about some of the easiest things. Your in-house reference system (Gnie) is so confusing and there's just way too much information there for anybody to ever learn properly, not to mention some of the stuff on there is out-dated. There would be emails sent out before newer employees started, and topics that were never discussed with new employees, but then they're hit with quality errors because they didn't know the procedure. Just overall everything there is run backwards.

Very happy

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Dallas, TX

I have been working at GEICO full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Awesome benefits, great training, nice work environment.

Cons

Very strict dependability, need to plan your time very carefully.

There are newer employer reviews for GEICO