GEICO
www.geico.com Washington, DC 5000+ Employees

Just a numbered seat filler!

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)
Virginia Beach, VA

ProsGood benefits. Thats the only good thing!

ConsMicro managed. NO matter how good you do on a call there is alway a "but". You can be on a call for 20 minutes and the customer is satisfied, but one thing wrong fails the whole call. Expectations are to high. Management doesnt see you as a human, they see you as a number. You dont just handle a customers request, you then have to squeeze in so much other stuff that they didnt call for or ask for. Then your told to cut down your talk time. Hard to get time off. No respect for CSR dept at the Virginia Beach office at all, and hard to get out of that dept. if you get a chance to post for another position. Dont bother trying to ask supervisors for help either. If you call their desk phone they wont answer, even if you can see them sitting right at their desks. When a sup does answer they tell you to call another sup, that they are busy. If a customer asks to speak to a sup, forget about it. Most sups will just telll you what to tell the customer. Most HATED job I ever had................

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your workers like people, not just your customers. Listen to what they are telling you and make real changes. The only changes you make are adding requirements to what employees have to do. They already have enough to do!

Very Stressful & Way Too Demanding

GEICO Sales Representative (Former Employee)
    Woodbury, NY

I worked at GEICO full-time for less than a year

Pros: When i started there i thought the job was great. It was a pretty decent starting salary for someone without a college degree and… Cons: The job is very very stressful. Once you get on to the sales floor you are just thrown in to the thick of it… Advice to Senior Management: For a place that really likes to micro-manage to the extreme, you're doing a very bad job at it. Get all of your supervisors,… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Very happy

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)
    Dallas, TX

I have been working at GEICO full-time for less than a year

Pros: Awesome benefits, great training, nice work environment. Cons: Very strict dependability, need to plan your time very carefully. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on GEICO.

Worked for GEICO? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at GEICO reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for GEICO CEO Olza (Tony) Nicely. All reviews posted anonymously by GEICO employees.