Amazing benefits!

Former Employee - Insurance Agent  in  Coralville, IA
Former Employee - Insurance Agent in Coralville, IA

I worked at GEICO full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Geico is one of the top paying companies and they provide excellent benefits.

Cons

You're treated like a number, and the only thing that matters is your numbers!

Work on people skills and have continuous training for the supervisors so they will know how to effectively communicate with their associates and know how to actually supervise.

Other Reviews for GEICO

Branch office = legal slavery

Current Employee - TCR2 - Bodily Injury Adjuster  in  Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - TCR2 - Bodily Injury Adjuster in Seattle, WA

I have been working at GEICO full-time for more than a year

Pros

In the local office, it's a tight knit group. You're working with a small group of people and you all become very close.

Cons

If you intend to work here, don't. This office is cursed with an unrealistic workload and a regional management group that might as well speak a different language as you'll never have your concerns addressed. Speak out against any issues and you'll be deemed as "an associate with a bad attitude." So if you like slavery, apply here. Also, this office is a dead-end for growth. Work here only if you intend to leave to other offices throughout the nation after 10-12 months.

Lincoln looked to ending slavery a while ago, interesting that this organization sees fit to forget that the Emancipation Proclamation happened. Maybe it'd be nice if adjusters could be set with an appropriate workload, rather than tasked to handle a landslide and get scorned when they cannot complete the impossible. Sit at a desk for a bit. See if you can figure out Atlas.

Geico provides job security because employees leave in mass numbers

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at GEICO full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Good starting salary, good health insurance, 401k, profit sharing

Cons

Number one issue in the Dallas location is a negative environment and employees in general are not treated well, the morale is low, environment is negative, employees eventually leave for better opportunities. Even though I was treated well because I was a high performer, I witnessed poor treatment of others. I witnessed an HR professional that has been there for years talk down to employees and even yelled at employees down the hallway. Not professional. But this person still works there. This view of employees trickled down from HR to basic supervisors. It is just an overall view. One manager even sends out other managers to scope out job fairs to see if there are any Geico employees there. Political environment as all workplaces. You need thick skin to work here. It is not a place I would ever suggest someone to work.

There are newer employer reviews for GEICO.

Worked for GEICO? Contribute to the Community!