Del Loves GEICO

Current Employee - Field Adjuster  in  Baltimore, MD
Current Employee - Field Adjuster in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at GEICO

Pros

The concept of team work is very evident. We are blessed with caring and competent management at all levels. They truly believe "We are all in this Together". Very generous salary if you are willing to work hard. The feint of heart need not apply GEICO only wants the best. Many are called few are chosen. GEICO loves veterans, probably because they are accustomed to difficult tasks and stay focused on the task at hand, and did I mention team players.

Cons

They hire too many shall we say whiners who feel that the world owes them a living. This is a company where you must demonstrate your ability to be a self starter and hard worker. I hear from alot of ne'er do wells and incompetent lazy couch potatoes, who feel they rate a paycheck for showing up.

Please continue to cut loose the deadwood we are better off without them. We cannot survive much less improve our competetive advantage with the do nothing whiners and complainers that infest this great company. God Bless the management of this company!!!

Other Reviews for GEICO

RUN - Do not walk As Fast As You Can Away From The Application For Employment

Current Employee - Claims Service Representative  in  Virginia Beach, VA
    Current Employee - Claims Service Representative in Virginia Beach, VA

I have been working at GEICO

Pros

GEICO, or more appropriately called by those of us who work here, "SLAVECo" has to be the worst employer and job that I have ever dealt with in my life. SLAVECo will interview you and smile, pat you on the back, shake your hand and love you all the way to training. Once training begins, it's like they've pushed you down a very high slide. You enjoy the ride until you hit bottom, face first into the dirt ... the actual job itself. Once you're on the floor you are expected to be an autonomous robot claims drone - read everything you say from a script that changes weekly, be careful how you conjugate your verbs! And dread the feared "A Call" when you get scored down for the pick of the week in mark downs. Wait until your Manager talks to you about why you arent meeting your goals - and you tell her that its because you dont know exactly what your goals are because they change every week. She'll look at you with her eyes bulged out of her head and tell you you should have got in in your email. Along with the 400 other pieces of garbage that pop up every day telling about free this or come and get something but that's only for the people who arent tied down to a phone and aren't even allowed a potty break without it counting against theire rating. SLAVECo is a horrible company. They treat their employees worse that dirt. Of course that is my opinion and my experience. RUN , do not walk away from applying for a job here!

Cons

Management ... Zero Respect for employees
    Management ... Unrealistic goals and expectations

Clean house with management. Promote people who have actually done the job and know what they are talking about and can do more than read stats on spreadsheets showing how many seconds someone was in the bathroom in a week.

Don't Ever Apply To Work Here

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Poway, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Poway, CA

I have been working at GEICO

Pros

They will pay for you to get your license. Once you get it, run like hell to another insurance company.
    The only legal sweatshop in America.

Cons

New employees no longer get a pension because the company is so cheap and greedy. The average raise is 75 cents per hour each year, provided you are not on a warning. It is an "at will" employment with GEICO, which means you can be fired for any reason at any time. They like to instill fear and intimidation with employees. Turnover is really high due to how they treat their employees. The goals they set are difficult to achieve so they don't have to pay you a raise. They like to hire new employees who make less to replace employees who have been there a while who make more money.

Clean house and get rid of all the poor managers and supevisors.

There are newer employer reviews for GEICO.

Worked for GEICO? Contribute to the Community!