GEICO
www.geico.com Washington, DC 5000+ Employees

Great People

Business Analyst (Current Employee)
Washington, DC

I have been working at GEICO full-time for less than a year

ProsGreat people, laid back and friendly and at the same highly professional
Great career opportunities - we hire people with only undergraduate degrees for a really great positions, there so many departments and it's easy to go to work to another team within the company and learn new areas of the business.
Work-life balance, no overtime.
Great health, life, dental insurance, profit sharing and other bonuses.
Tons of educational opportunities.
Active social life, there are so many things going on all the time - softball, fishing, poker tournaments, heritage months, charity and recycling initiatives, happy hours and team lunches, and much more. It's fun to work here.
Dress code is very relaxed.
Management of the company is easy to reach, I was on meetings with Tony Nicely and VPs, it is easy to talk to them, they are busy but very friendly and supportive.
Usually people are not fired, even if you don't fit well on your team, they will try to find you a new place within the company, where you can be happy.

ConsOffice is not nice (but it is OK, it's just not fancy)
You're supposed to be at work even when there is a tornado or a snowstorm. You can take a day off though, so from my perspective, it is not that big of a problem.
No telecommute. Some people have this privilege, but there are only few of them and management is not moving further into that direction.
Salaries are not the highest in the area. (but they are not the lowest either, so it's not really bad)

Advice to Senior ManagementWorking from home will become a reality one day. Now the management refuses to even think about it, but it would be wise to actually start working in that direction now. People from the regions and the headquarters work remotely a lot with each other. You need to just use this experience, maybe experiment more with it, to develop an approach to managing virtual teams.

Homeowners Sales Representative

Sales Representative (Current Employee)
Fredericksburg, VA

I have been working at GEICO full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: The benefits are good. You don't have to have any… Cons: EXTREME micromanagement. You must meet certain numbers to be considered a competent employee. Sometimes those numbers are unrealistic. Your job is always hanging over your… Advice to Senior Management: Please treat employees like people and not a number. Overworking employees may seem like its making the money because the agents are able to take… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Fair work place

Supervisor (Current Employee)
Dallas, TX

I have been working at GEICO full-time

Pros: Benefits are good (health 401k etc) Cons: Pay is not very good Advice to Senior Management: I don't have any advice Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on GEICO.

Worked for GEICO? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at GEICO reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for GEICO CEO Olza (Tony) Nicely. All reviews posted anonymously by GEICO employees.