I love my job!

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative Claims Supervisor in Fredericksburg, VA

I have been working at GEICO full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Promotional opportunities, tuition reimbursement, on-site gym and dining facilities, variety of work hours.

Cons

Strict dependability (attendance) expectation (difficult if you have children).

Advice to Management

The upper management team is great.

Other Employee Reviews for GEICO

1. Customer Service Representative

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Mount Laurel, NJ
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Mount Laurel, NJ

I worked at GEICO full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

GEICO is a diverse company with good benefits and friendly employees. I really liked my boss and co-workers as well.

Cons

The salary isn't the best and there isn't a lot of room to really grow in the company and move forward.

Stressed to the MAX

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Buffalo, NY
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Buffalo, NY

I worked at GEICO full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The yearly Profit Sharing and benefits package. GEICO acknowledgement for doing a good job!

Cons

Micromanaged. Unrealistic requirements to meet and maintain monthly metrics.

Advice to Management

When an agent is struggling to be proficient, management needs to see if there is problem with agent and their Sup. My first team I was placed on after training was a nightmare. The sup was very unprofessional in that she showed preferrencial treatment to some on her team. When I asked for additional help or I asked to speak in confidence with her, it got back to me that she shared that information with my other team members. I did not feel comfortable going to her mananger. I felt that the manager did not have my best interest at heart, only the supervisor. It is very unfortunate that team members can not vocalize issue with management and know their will be no reprocussions from their comments/concerns. It is a shame that management is not held to the same standards that agents are. I have heard numerous times unprofessional language, comments made about other agents language that would put a agent on warining for. It truly is sad that I had to resign from GEICO, as I wanted it to be my last job to retire from. I would NEVER recommend any one to GEICO for employment!