GEICO
www.geico.com Washington, DC 5000+ Employees

Okay place to work under the right department

Buffalo, NY

ProsDecent pay for younger individuals. If you're willing to move around, offices tend to open up new departments that need bodies to fill the positions. These positions will normally have low requirements so even if you're just an Average Joe who's struggling, if you're willing to move you might have a shot to move up a little faster.

ConsVery micromanaged and a little too uptight. People have been released for using "bad language" in conversation with co-workers and HR has a tendency to ignore you when it comes to certain issues. I had an issue that took 7 months to resolve and when I spoke to a manager after 6 months of no resolution, they had no idea there was an issue...even after I was told there were several meetings between HR and management. When it comes to pay, it's good money if you're a younger person. Was making 35K at 22...but don't expect to see too much more. If you're a bit older and are looking for a 60K job, expect to work for 4-6 years to get there. If you're looking to get anywhere near 70-100K...better be ready for a long 10-20 year battle.

Management out of touch, no shortage of work

Adjuster (Current Employee)
    Virginia Beach, VA

I have been working at GEICO full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Almost impossible to get fired...employees drop like flies from stress and being overworked. Great benefits...well they are as… Cons: Forget 40 hours a week. Have to work on your own time as the over time paid is chickensh!t and if you do claim… Advice to Senior Management: Staff for the primary objective. If it is service, then we need more people on the ground. If it is price, then don't grade on… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Meh

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at GEICO full-time

Pros: Decent pay and decent managers. They did care about helping you but when… Cons: Awful pay and awful hours. For the amount of… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on GEICO.

Worked for GEICO? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at GEICO reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for GEICO CEO Olza (Tony) Nicely. All reviews posted anonymously by GEICO employees.