There are newer employer reviews for GEICO

Okay place to work under the right department

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Buffalo, NY
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

I have been working at GEICO full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Decent pay for younger individuals. If you're willing to move around, offices tend to open up new departments that need bodies to fill the positions. These positions will normally have low requirements so even if you're just an Average Joe who's struggling, if you're willing to move you might have a shot to move up a little faster.

Cons

Very micromanaged and a little too uptight. People have been released for using "bad language" in conversation with co-workers and HR has a tendency to ignore you when it comes to certain issues. I had an issue that took 7 months to resolve and when I spoke to a manager after 6 months of no resolution, they had no idea there was an issue...even after I was told there were several meetings between HR and management. When it comes to pay, it's good money if you're a younger person. Was making 35K at 22...but don't expect to see too much more. If you're a bit older and are looking for a 60K job, expect to work for 4-6 years to get there. If you're looking to get anywhere near 70-100K...better be ready for a long 10-20 year battle.

839 Other Employee Reviews for GEICO (View Most Recent)

Meh

I worked at GEICO full-time

Pros

Decent pay and decent managers. They did care about helping you but when it came down to it if you don't make your goal they could care less

Cons

Awful pay and awful hours. For the amount of work you put in the minimum pay should atleast 37,000.

Worked in multiple locations over 5 years.

Former Employee - Inbound Sales Agent  in  Fredericksburg, VA
    Former Employee - Inbound Sales Agent in Fredericksburg, VA

I worked at GEICO full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Salary is decent, atmosphere is good, management really does acknowledge achievements each employee makes. I can’t tell you how many awards they gave me over my time there. Training program is second to none, really one of the best. Tools provided like computer software is exceptional and really helps do the job much easier. The company is designed in a way that really helps the customer and they are very focused on retention, that is very apperent to what helps them grow so much more than others.

Cons

There is not much room for advancement at all unless you move to the home office in DC. The goals/quotas they set can be unrealistic and some people have a really hard time meeting them. They are very focused on time management to where you feel overworked at times, in fact people there joke that its a turn-and -churn enviornment....there isnt many people who stay working there for a long time, unless you get into a management role.

Have just as much focus on your associates as you have on your customers, there is too much pressure put on the reps to the point that turn-over is significantly worse than your compeditors. But I will say you have a stellar product, I would just focus on improving your employee retention and in the long run you would save a lot of money.

There are newer employer reviews for GEICO

Worked for GEICO? Contribute to the Community!