GEICO
www.geico.com Washington, DC 5000+ Employees

Stressful

Insurance Agent (Former Employee)

I worked at GEICO full-time for more than 5 years

ProsYou have job security. The benefits are great, medical and dental plans, plus 401k and having a profit sharing check in February does help. My coworkers were very friendly, and helped when they could.

ConsThe job is very stressful. It is a call center so you are glued to your chair and are expected to take call after call. The way they rate your monthly performance is not great. One simple error and you could lose the whole call. I was there for five years and I fought for this job. I come in and try my best but it was not good enough. I did not have any support from my supervisor or manager Each day is different, you never know who you will speak to. You will have policyholders yelling at you, but that is part of the job.

Advice to Senior Managementmake the job easier, to many rules to follow, missed one simple thing on a call, you miss the whole call

Great benefits, loved DC location

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at GEICO full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: - I didn't realize how great the benefit package was at GEICO until I left. With the recent addition of eye coverage, it was really… Cons: - The DC headquarter building is old and disgusting. We constantly had problems with mice, falling ceiling tiles, awful bathrooms. It was an embarrassment to… Advice to Senior Management: Just with any large company, there's a lot of great stuff and a lot of bad stuff with GEICO. If you could weed out some… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Amazing compensation. Stressfull enviroment and high call volume for service.

Customer Service Insurance Agent (Current Employee)
Tucson, AZ

I have been working at GEICO full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Great benifts and rewards Choice in schedules Knowledgeable Supervisors Cons: Customer is ALWAYS very busy, with back to back calls. High… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on GEICO.

Worked for GEICO? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at GEICO reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for GEICO CEO Olza (Tony) Nicely. All reviews posted anonymously by GEICO employees.