GEICO

www.geico.com

Stressful

Former Employee - Insurance Agent
Former Employee - Insurance Agent

Pros

You have job security. The benefits are great, medical and dental plans, plus 401k and having a profit sharing check in February does help. My coworkers were very friendly, and helped when they could.

Cons

The job is very stressful. It is a call center so you are glued to your chair and are expected to take call after call. The way they rate your monthly performance is not great. One simple error and you could lose the whole call. I was there for five years and I fought for this job. I come in and try my best but it was not good enough. I did not have any support from my supervisor or manager Each day is different, you never know who you will speak to. You will have policyholders yelling at you, but that is part of the job.

make the job easier, to many rules to follow, missed one simple thing on a call, you miss the whole call

Other reviews for GEICO

Crazy work load.

Current Employee - Auto Damage Field Adjuster  in  Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Auto Damage Field Adjuster in Tucson, AZ

Pros

Health insurance is the best, company car is great. Profit sharing is great. Freedom in the field.

Cons

Have to fake a lot of numbers to keep the current AD Manager off your back. MICROMANAGED daily.

Get back to the "family" atmosphere of years past. A less stressful workload would make me a GEICO lifer but I do not see that on the horizon. The company is an auto damage adjuster mill. They can run them off and replace them just as fast.

Very Stressful

Current Employee - Claims Adjuster  in  Macon, GA
    Current Employee - Claims Adjuster in Macon, GA

Pros

good pay, benefits, stability, have the respect of the industry, best trained (going in)

Cons

too much work, can never catch up, pace is break neck, unrealistic expectations, no time for career enhancement training

need to listen

There are newer employer reviews for GEICO.

Worked for GEICO? Contribute to the Community!