Stressful

Former Employee - Insurance Agent
Former Employee - Insurance Agent

I worked at GEICO full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

You have job security. The benefits are great, medical and dental plans, plus 401k and having a profit sharing check in February does help. My coworkers were very friendly, and helped when they could.

Cons

The job is very stressful. It is a call center so you are glued to your chair and are expected to take call after call. The way they rate your monthly performance is not great. One simple error and you could lose the whole call. I was there for five years and I fought for this job. I come in and try my best but it was not good enough. I did not have any support from my supervisor or manager Each day is different, you never know who you will speak to. You will have policyholders yelling at you, but that is part of the job.

Advice to Management

make the job easier, to many rules to follow, missed one simple thing on a call, you miss the whole call

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Hard work. If you excel you will be rewarded. If work hard but not in top 10% no real benefits.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative III in Virginia Beach, VA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative III in Virginia Beach, VA

I worked at GEICO full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good pay for the area which has a lower pay base than average.

Cons

Monitored in every action. Sometimes penalized for ridiculous reasons, example: unreasonable customer.

Advice to Management

Some really good qualities of hard working agents go unnoticed. Should work in some other ways to show this in ratings.

Crazy work load.

Current Employee - Auto Damage Field Adjuster in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Auto Damage Field Adjuster in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at GEICO full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Health insurance is the best, company car is great. Profit sharing is great. Freedom in the field.

Cons

Have to fake a lot of numbers to keep the current AD Manager off your back. MICROMANAGED daily.

Advice to Management

Get back to the "family" atmosphere of years past. A less stressful workload would make me a GEICO lifer but I do not see that on the horizon. The company is an auto damage adjuster mill. They can run them off and replace them just as fast.