GEICO
www.geico.com Washington, DC 5000+ Employees

Stressful

Insurance Agent (Former Employee)

I worked at GEICO full-time for more than 5 years

ProsYou have job security. The benefits are great, medical and dental plans, plus 401k and having a profit sharing check in February does help. My coworkers were very friendly, and helped when they could.

ConsThe job is very stressful. It is a call center so you are glued to your chair and are expected to take call after call. The way they rate your monthly performance is not great. One simple error and you could lose the whole call. I was there for five years and I fought for this job. I come in and try my best but it was not good enough. I did not have any support from my supervisor or manager Each day is different, you never know who you will speak to. You will have policyholders yelling at you, but that is part of the job.

Advice to Senior Managementmake the job easier, to many rules to follow, missed one simple thing on a call, you miss the whole call

Crazy work load.

Auto Damage Field Adjuster (Current Employee)
Tucson, AZ

I have been working at GEICO full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Health insurance is the best, company car is great. … Cons: Have to fake a lot of numbers to keep the… Advice to Senior Management: Get back to the "family" atmosphere of years past. A less stressful workload would make me a GEICO lifer but I do not see… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Insurance Agent Service - Coralville, IA

Associate (Current Employee)
Coralville, IA

I have been working at GEICO full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Great benefits and pay. Community service. Cons: Training field for Directors. Micromanaging. Poor management tying the hands… Advice to Senior Management: Get a third party to help turn this office around.… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on GEICO.

Worked for GEICO? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at GEICO reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for GEICO CEO Olza (Tony) Nicely. All reviews posted anonymously by GEICO employees.