There are newer employer reviews for GENEX Services

I love working for GENEX!

I have been working at GENEX Services full-time

Pros

Flexible hours, competitive pay, mileage reimbursement, work from home, autonomy, support from management, coworkers and IT. Hard work/long hours is rewarded with a good bonus structure. The flexibilty allows me to participate and be present at important activities for my children/family. I am recognized for my efforts and I've enjoyed establishing trusting professional relationships with customers based on my work.

Cons

Upgrade equipment/laptops more often. Consider providing tablet type computers to field staff to help expedite reporting to customers.

Advice to Management

Thanks for providing a great environment to work in during a tough economic climate.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Ruthless

Former Employee - Vocational Case Manager
    Former Employee - Vocational Case Manager

I worked at GENEX Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Loved work, clients, peers and ability to telecommute.

Cons

Manager was uncaring, not supportive, dictatorial,and arbitrary. She was as disengaged as a manager could possibly be and made it clear from the start that she did not care about anything I said or felt but that I was not to question her. She talked "at me". This was very upsetting in a rehabilitation firm. Prior to merging with IC it was a great place but now it is downright mercenary.

Advice to Management

Start listening to professional employees and treat them with respect. And if a manager shows that he/she does not care about the feelings and well beings of subordinates then terminate the manager, not the dedicated professionals.

GENEX keeps making cuts while employees need to work harder

Current Employee - RN Case Manager
    Current Employee - RN Case Manager

I have been working at GENEX Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexibility, work from home. Like my co-workers and Adjusters. Nice bonus structure.

Cons

Slower than slow company computers, cut after cut since purchasing Intracorp and PT company, horrible raise this past year....1% seriously? They just took away our reimbursement for our phone and fax lines. With all the cuts it makes you wonder what VP needs to make a boat payment!! Little to no marketing coordinated marketing opportunities offered by ASM for case managers/Adjusters. We are discouraged to market independently without direct supervision from ASM. Branch manager micromanages, need to hear about report time frames at least 5 times per month. Subpar extremely expensive medical benefits and only 13 days vacation.

Advice to Management

Provide more marketing opportunities so your referral sources can actually meet the people they work with. Reinstate the reimbursements for home and fax lines. Update your computer equipment and ensure all your case managers are afforded the same opportunity to have access to this equipment. Increase vacation days or at least make this a negotiable option. Research better, less expensive insurance plan. Stop making cuts please.