There are newer employer reviews for GEO Group

GEO is a fair company to work for. Meaning that they seem to treat people fairly.

Current Employee - Nurse in Milton, FL
Current Employee - Nurse in Milton, FL

I have been working at GEO Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

GEO offers opportunity to buy in on their stocks at a special rate. After my 5 year anniversary I will be earning more paid time off than before. They offer lots of benefits including a uniform and education reimbursment.

Cons

Never having a pay raise is a downer. Really wish they would consider cost of living increase at least. All of my annual evaluations are really good. But we are not rewarded with pay increases.

Advice to Management

Please consider a cost of living raise for us. There are many dedicated employees who have been with the company around 5 years but have never had a raise.

Other Employee Reviews for GEO Group

Overall a good company

Current Employee - Lieutenant in Clayton, NM
    Current Employee - Lieutenant in Clayton, NM

Pros

The opportunities for advancement is great as long as you are compitent in your abilities as a Correctional Professional. Benifits are decent and the people you work with are generally decent.

Cons

The ONLY complaint and I do mean only one that I have is as follows. Mr. Zoley, You are constantly investing into expanding the companies reach and contracts. At the same time you give senor managment staff a hefty anual bonus while the backbone of your company the Correcitonal Officers, have gone without ANY pay raise of any kind in the nearly 5 years that the facility has been in operation in this region. The cost of living along with gas prices are constantly rising whilst you continue to pay the core group of staff the same rates that were standard prior to the economic failures of our nation. Please slow down the companies growth and maybe consider cutting these Annual bonuses (not counting bonuses given when ACA audits are absolutly smoked by your loyal employees) to maybe compensate your foot soldiers that keep your investments profitable with a higher pay rate. We need it.

Advice to Management

Management staff at NENMDF is absolutly outstanding. The wardens are very approachable. and all management staff are very knowledgable about polices and proceedures.

neteral

Former Employee - Correctional Officer in Walnut Grove, MS
    Former Employee - Correctional Officer in Walnut Grove, MS

Pros

the pay was very good

Cons

the managment wasn't always the best

Advice to Management

listen more to the employees