GFI Group
www.gfigroup.com New York, NY 1000 to 5000 Employees

Great Technology

Broker (Former Employee)

ProsGreat Tech, innovative management, good work environment, International presence with ambition to go out more. Great tech allows you to get into products you normally wouldn't see.

ConsAbsolutely the worst payout structure in the Street. If you have good clients look away at other shops before going to them. GFI feels its because of GFI that you are successful and not because of your relationships. If they offer you stock options, run. Pay a good money for a lawyer before you sign their contract.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou have lost some good employees that have left and gone on to make incredibly more money because of your low payouts. Bump it up and they will come.

I loved it

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at GFI Group full-time

Pros: My schedule was flexible and I really enjoyed all of… Cons: No raise after a considerable time working there and I… More

Quality people and fun place to work

Vice President - Cash Equities (Former Employee)
    New York, NY

I worked at GFI Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: If you have many client contacts, the pay is very competitive and better than some of the peer BDs… Cons: Research, Professional Development, Cross-Training/Exposure to multiple desks and products Advice to Senior Management: More exposure & understanding traders have to other products the more knowledgeable they are when talking… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on GFI Group.

Worked for GFI Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at GFI Group reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for GFI Group CEO Mickey Gooch. All reviews posted anonymously by GFI Group employees.