GHA Technologies

www.gha-associates.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for GHA Technologies

A Great place to work, if you work hard. This is not an easy business but GHA does it right.

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager

I have been working at GHA Technologies full-time (less than a year)

Pros

GHA pays better than any company that I know of in the industry. GHA has daily expectations but they give you direction to compete in the industry.

Cons

Getting some information can be difficult or slow to get out of GHA but they are working on it. There are a lot more tasks that need to be done to complete an order, but that is part of the business and why we are paid well, you are in control.

Make it easier to find information.

27 Other Employee Reviews for GHA Technologies (View Most Recent)

Work from home, make what you deserve!

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager

I have been working at GHA Technologies full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Work from home, great commission plan, lots of bonus opportunities, great line card. The time you put into building your business pays off with great rewards. You are your own manager, and if you work hard, you have great potential earnings. GHA gives you the tools to be successful, if you put in the time and effort.

Cons

If you like being in an office setting with lots of distractions, this might not be for you. You need to maintain your own focus, and set your own priorities. But, that is what a sales person is supposed to do.

Keep up the great bonus opportunities and the excellent comp plan. It is motivating to know that if you hit the gates, which are attainable, you can get great commissions!

Great job if you enjoy selling and actually try

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Round Rock, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Round Rock, TX

I have been working at GHA Technologies full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Reading the reviews from the former failed sales reps really motivated me to write this review. Especially the recent one about the person thinking of committing suicide. I feel really, really sorry that you would feel that way but you should never allow something like a job affect your personal happiness. If a job isn't right for you, leave. If you get fired, it's not the end of the world. A job does not define who you are or your happiness. I hope you get help and support from your friends and family and can live a happy life!

That being said there are always going to be positives & negatives with any job so I'll try to list them here for those thinking of looking for employment in sales at GHA.

First, the number 1 thing you need to succeed at GHA is motivation. Most of us work from home and you have to be motivated to actually work when there are so many other distractions & tempations working from home can bring. If you want a job that will make you 6 figures but you only have to work 1-2 hours a day, this isn't it. If you want a job where everyone will hand you clients and all you do it take orders all day and get paid 6 figures to do it, this isn't it. If you want a job where you can sit back and watch tv all day and just collect paychecks for doing nothing, this isn't it. If you are motivated, positive, and are willing to make phone calls to find new business, and visit local clients & make lasting friendships, this might be the job for you. I am a senior rep here at GHA and have been here over 6 years. I worked in a cubicle in a corporate environment in I.T. sales for 5 years before that and I can say honestly that this job was the best thing I ever could have found. Micro-management was killing me as a sales rep with my previous employer, and most inside sales jobs are that way. GHA gives you the ability to sell the way you want to sell with very little micro-management other than a sales report that takes very little time to fill out once per week. And that is only if you are struggling. If you are selling, GHA is happy, you are happy, they leave you alone and let you sell. They treat you like an adult and expect you to act like one. I personally love that approach but again, I reiterate that you have to be self motivated. If you are just starting out and do not have any existing clients, you need to make 50 calls a day to prospects minimum if you want to succeed. Since the job is strictly commission, you have to actually sell and can't rely on a salary to fall back on if you are not selling. I have mentored many sales reps over the years and the number 1 reason why they fail is because they are not willing to pick up the phone and talk to someone. I would suggest that every negative review from someone that is no longer with the company would have the same characteristics: they blame others for their failure when they sat back and expected business to come from thin air without any effort. Most sales reps that fail make 5-10 phone calls per day and after 1-2 months they leave. They were hoping for a job where business is handed to them and everything is done for them. To succeed at GHA you have to go out and get the business. Make phone calls and work hard until you have an established client base of regularly buying clients. If you do this, you can easily make 6 figures within 1-2 years and there is no reason why you can't make at least 50k your first year. If you already have an established client base that you can use, you should easily be successful and double or triple your income from your previous sales job. Overall I think this is a great job that allows you to avoid traffic (no commute!), spend more time with your family, make a great living, and make lasting friendships with your clients.

Cons

The cons are you have to actually work. You can't rely on others to make you successful. You have to follow-up with your clients regularly on their bills to prevent them from paying late which can decrease your commission depending on how late they pay. It is very hard for sales people with no existing clients to be successful because they are not willing to make the phone calls necessary to find new clients. You have to be good at multi-taking since you are basically running your own business with backend invoicing & problem support from the corporate office in AZ. You do get many emails per day that you have to go through but that seems to be the norm with almost all corporate jobs from what I have heard from other reps that came from other sales positions.

I am happy for the most part with everything. You keep the sales reps happy by keeping our commission rate the highest I have ever heard of.

There are newer employer reviews for GHA Technologies