There are newer employer reviews for GHSP

A great place to work, but will struggle to keep pace with competitors.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Grand Haven, MI
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Grand Haven, MI

I have been working at GHSP

Pros

Growing company, ability to create, see a need - fill it, flex time, good communication

Cons

There is a discrepancy in salaries for what other companies in the area are paying.

HR is not doing their job with compensation...it needs to get better before GHSP starts to loose people. Poll other companies and see what they are paying their technical people. We are not there and will loose people.

3 Other Employee Reviews for GHSP (View Most Recent)

In my 3 years, I have had many opportunities to grow and develop, and the culture is warm and friendly.

Current Employee - Product Engineer  in  Grand Haven, MI
    Current Employee - Product Engineer in Grand Haven, MI

I have been working at GHSP

Pros

Opportunities to try new things
    Everyone knows everyone
    Small, while maintaining the advantages of being a global company
    Great location

Cons

Going through some growing pains right now
    Office in need of updating
    Few perks of a big company

Stick to the plan, we are almost there

Dead end job with no chance for advancement

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Grand Haven, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Grand Haven, MI

I have been working at GHSP

Pros

GHSP is a very good place to work if you have a company position but it is a dead end job if you have a union position. GHSP will not hire from within

Cons

No chance for advancement GHSP has a policy to not hire from within which has made the moral real low for workers at GHSP, everyday I hear workers stating that there is no reason for them to work hard because they have no chance to advance anyways. The pay is also very low and we only get a 2 percent raise yearly. The insurance is also very bad I have been sued numerous times because the insurance covers nothing, even after paying almost $100 a week.

Hire from within, there are many qualified people at GHSP. Not only would hiring from within improve the moral at GHSP but it would also make the workers more loyal. There are currently rumors that the company has a policy against promoting union employees into company positions. the company could prove these rumors wrong by hiring from within and taking advantage of the many qualified dedicated workers at GHSP.

There are newer employer reviews for GHSP

Worked for GHSP? Contribute to the Community!