GLOBALFOUNDRIES

www.globalfoundries.com

Newly forming with the best intentions but the worst mid level management in history!

Technician (Former Employee) Malta, NY

ProsGreat area to live and raise a family. Everyone is very friendly and nice. Brand new state of the art factory. Very competitive pay. Potential to become a great company.

ConsIf you are not a manager they do not listen to your advice and suggestions. Upper management makes decisions that affect the entire factory yet do not seek input for those that it may effect before the decision is made. Management is so busy going to meetings that the workers are free to do what ever they want. Some work hard while others do nothing. AMD legacy employees can not accept feedback from people who came from better companies.

Advice to Senior ManagementAjit needs to spend more time working with the managers who directly supervise the factory workers. Management hired people with 20 years experience and needs to utilize that experience if they truly want to beat TSMC. Many teams are being formed such as 5S and Safety but the meeting is run by managers and all the final decisions are based on the managers feedback. There isn't any team decisions.

Just another day in paradise.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Milpitas, CA

I have been working at GLOBALFOUNDRIES

Pros: A great place to meet talented intelligent people. Start up mentality- work outside… Cons: How many CEO's have we had? Wait... how many CFO's have we had.… Advice to Senior Management: Take advice from lower management upward instead of advice from upper… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Leadership challenges

Manager (Current Employee) Milpitas, CA

I have been working at GLOBALFOUNDRIES

Pros: It is a gloabl company and given the transitional nature of… Cons: -Lack of leadership: the inabillity to make decision -Lack of management ability: True project management is lacking. Projrct management consists of "when are you going… Advice to Senior Management: Place more value on project management and structure. What is needed to "true" project management... these are resources/ideas are not costs but investments.… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on GLOBALFOUNDRIES.

Worked for GLOBALFOUNDRIES? Contribute to the Community!