GLOBALFOUNDRIES

www.globalfoundries.com

Big technology in ultra-competitive semi market; tough place to work.

Former Business Function Leader (Former Employee) Malta, NY

ProsExcellent technology, good research capabilities, smart people are prevalent in technology and manufacturing areas. Great for upstate New York and local economy and the fab in Malta is the most advanced facility of its kind globally. Cafeteria is high-end.

ConsWork-life balance doesn't exist, for an open space environment there is not a lot of collaboration and email is used way too much as the primary form of communication. You walk around and not everyone is enthusiastic, they are hard at work but there is a culture that exists where employees are on edge. There have been several leadership changes at the executive level and it is highly political and driven by Singapore and Milpitas. If you join GF, you will work a lot of hours, nights and weekends and the company does not truly value its employees - its greatest asset.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees, a lot of innovative ideas exist in the rank and file, not just at the senior leadership levels. Reward employees and allow them to have better balance. Retention is going to be a challenge and that needs to be the focus moving forward. Business functions need more autonomy to be part of the decision making process. Malta has lost some highly talented individuals in Finance, IT, HR, Sales and Support. There is a reason why this happened.

a challenging start up company with many unique opertunities that allows you to become what ever you desire if willing t

Senior Technician (Current Employee) Malta, NY

I have been working at GLOBALFOUNDRIES full-time for more than a year

Pros: people, energy, exciting, challenging, diverse Cons: long hrs much to accomplish in ramp up Advice to Senior Management: listen more to the lower level technicians Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Sweat Shop!

Equipment Technician (Current Employee) Malta, NY

I have been working at GLOBALFOUNDRIES full-time for more than a year

Pros: Nice area of NY to live and raise a family. I was issued… Cons: Management rules through fear: in meetings they single out 1 person, and hammer them into submission so that others will fear the management team. … Advice to Senior Management: Ajit - get rid of site management, they are running… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on GLOBALFOUNDRIES.

Worked for GLOBALFOUNDRIES? Contribute to the Community!