GLOBALFOUNDRIES
www.globalfoundries.com Milpitas, CA 5000+ Employees

Order is for idiots, a genius can manage chaos

Member of Technical Staff (Current Employee)
Dresden (Germany)

I have been working at GLOBALFOUNDRIES full-time for more than a year

ProsRelatively good salary, live in Dresden is not very expensive. Managers in general a rather kind to people. Gives you good experience that is valued by other potential employers.

ConsWork style is chaotic. You spend several month hard working on the project, but then it turns out that it's not needed anymore because another approach will be used. One week you are told to spend all you time to the priority number one task, next week you are told to abandon this task alltogether. And then half a year later this task pops up again with the highest priority.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo more strategic planning. A lot of resources are wasted due to poor planning.

Shareholders expectation and employees aspiration not aligned

Manager (Former Employee)
Singapore (Singapore)

I worked at GLOBALFOUNDRIES full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: If you hate traveling long distance to work and stay in Johore Bahru or… Cons: When ATIC acquired Chartered Semiconductor, management tout that ATIC has deep pockets and would be willing to invest in… Advice to Senior Management: Improve on integrity. Please tell your customers and employees… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

an average work place

Senior Engineer (Former Employee)
Singapore (Singapore)

I worked at GLOBALFOUNDRIES full-time for more than a year

Pros: An international environment. fresh graduate will have a lot of… Cons: very poor work-life balance. Overtime is very common in this company. You may be asked back for work during weekend and holiday. It could be… Advice to Senior Management: they should try to reduce turn over rate of engineer. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on GLOBALFOUNDRIES.

Worked for GLOBALFOUNDRIES? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at GLOBALFOUNDRIES reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for GLOBALFOUNDRIES CEO Sanjay K. Jha. All reviews posted anonymously by GLOBALFOUNDRIES employees.