GLOBALFOUNDRIES
www.globalfoundries.com Milpitas, CA 5000+ Employees

I have never refrained from doing what I thought was right until now.

Smts (Current Employee)
Milpitas, CA

ProsI enjoy working with some of my co-workers who are very good. There are pockets of excellence throughout the company.
Some of the technologists are very good technologists.

ConsSenior management doesn't seem to understand the foundry business.
Senior management is too "dynamic" with frequent changes in staff and direction.
Every idea is a "strategy" regardless of its merit.
Every group and many individuals are focused on avoiding blame rather than customer success and success of the whole company. There is a strong culture of denial.
The most successful people are those who bully others regardless of the merit of their position.
There are too many processes and too many wild ideas and not enough execution and success.
The "GLOBAL" part of the name means you have to be up at all hours communicating with other parts of the company. Senior management seems to think this is a badge of honor. Perhaps it would be different if everyone had a huge up side, but without this hope it is just demoralizing.

Advice to Senior ManagementSenior management sure make sure their resumes are current.
Focus on a small number of efforts and achieve mastery before branching out to related endeavors.
Learn to properly evaluate strategic options, make reasonable decisions, and then execute them to conclusion. Tactics are in support of a strategy, not replacements for it. Strategies that change frequently aren't really strategies but responses to tactical situations.
Learn to communicate. Messages from "the leadership team" to the company (the "follower team"?) never ring true.
Process technology and manufacturing excellence are the cornerstones of the foundry business. Focus here.

I wish their employees were really their best assets as they claim to be.

Engineer (Former Employee)
    Malta, NY

I worked at GLOBALFOUNDRIES full-time for more than a year

Pros: Exposure to state of the art fab/equipment, decent access to… Cons: By combining the content of the vast majority of previous reviews, you will have a very good idea of what's like to work for GF:… Advice to Senior Management: Too many of them would not listen to advice, since they spend most of their time trying to make things look better than they really… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Chaotic, unfair, low pay and compensation, high stress ...”

Staff Engineer (Current Employee)
    Malta, NY

I have been working at GLOBALFOUNDRIES full-time

Pros: State of art tools. Pay the bill! Cons: * Chaotic, There is no planning across business units. Wait for the last minute to execute. Create a lot of unneccessary stress to finish the… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on GLOBALFOUNDRIES.

Worked for GLOBALFOUNDRIES? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at GLOBALFOUNDRIES reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for GLOBALFOUNDRIES CEO Sanjay K. Jha. All reviews posted anonymously by GLOBALFOUNDRIES employees.