There are newer employer reviews for GNC

Okay job

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Everett, WA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Everett, WA

I worked at GNC

Pros

Fairly simple job - sell vitamins.

Cons

You are penalized for selling things in your store that aren't GNC-branded.

Advice to Management

Stop killing employees for having a bad transaction. It happens.

reviews filtered by

A company who cares more about P3 than profits, pay attention share holders.

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Woodbridge, VA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Woodbridge, VA

I have been working at GNC

Pros

Getting to interact with people who care about a healthy life style and helping them and yourself to a better tomorrow.

Cons

Constant pressure to reach your key point indicator numbers. Now here is where new shareholders should pay attention. My store, nameless cause we all know they'd fire me on the spot for divulging their ignorance along with many of my coemployees here, has been consistenly more profitable than previous year for 6 straight years by a margin no less than 10% per year. to say when i started was 100% is like today is 160%. I consider that fairly good growth in a market with 3 surrounding gnc's within 3 miles. However, my store has consistenly struggled to keep up with KPI numbers. first it was 30% p3...then 40%...now 50%...uhhh hey commercial vendors we make money off of sell your stuff at vitamine shoppe and vitamine world we simply are no longer allowed to sell your products. We're sorry, we really are. blame our managers. By the way, P3 items are solely products that are gnc in house. I understand a need for UPT and average sale price, i get that you want emails, one more sale is a GREAT way to learn new products and increase your upt and average sale...but p3....this non sense needs to end. You're making your employees less intelligent as i find new hires know MUCH less than i do, simply because why should they learn it. they don't have to sell it. Not to mention one more issue. Comparing a store's ability to sell these products against another store's employees who get to do the same but enjoy the ability to give their customers 20% off every day.....what kind of schooling do our manangers have to see be blind to the idea that customers who can get 20% everyday, on smaller amount of stock (less national brand mostly gnc in house as military bases ban many national brand from coming on base), makes it much simpler for GNC's on a military base to reach their KPI and enjoy the praise. while telling those in a busy mall to reach exactly the same numbers, with no discount and constantly telling customers sorry your card only works the first 7 days of the month.

Advice to Management

give 20 % off to all or none...not some states....not some on a military base...if you want to compare gnc employes to one another give them equal playing ground.
    END p3. new hires are lazy and other stores sales associate call me since i'm a senior sales associate to answer the most basic of question. Also because their managers can't answer them. you are not making us smarter with p3, you're dumbing us down.

2. A great place to grow

Current Employee - Senior Store Manager in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Senior Store Manager in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at GNC

Pros

An amazing team of managers and associates that work together throughout the city. This is a place that a person who has a passion for health,fitness and helping other with thrive. I love going to work every day.....that says it all !

Cons

It is a struggle to find qualified associates that take the job seriously. When you do find them we just all try to hold on to them but it doesnt offten happen.

There are newer employer reviews for GNC