Store manager

Current Employee - Retail Store Manager
Current Employee - Retail Store Manager

I have been working at GNC full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Helping people reach their personal wellness goals, great products, Good discount, gaining life long knowledge about dietary supplements. My supervisors have helped me grow personally and professionally.

Cons

High stress and responsibility for the financial compensation. Lack of on going training due to isolated location. Minimal budget to train staff in lower volume stores is very challenging.

This company was built on great products, exceptional customer service, and a culture of people who truly care about helping every guest that enters one of our stores. Since gnc went public it seems as if sometimes aggressive sales goals can sometimes interfere with looking out for the customers best interest. Our customer base is our sole purpose for being open, our most valuable assets are the people who care for our customers on a daily basis. Please remember that investing in our people will continue to help this great company grow in the right direction more so than trying to please our stock holders.

Other Reviews for GNC

I love this job!

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at GNC part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

A franchised GNC is more laid back than working for a corporate owned GNC store. As an employ, my bosses give me 40% off products. My employers are great and have given me a $50 restaurant gift card every Christmas since I started working for them.

Cons

I can't get enough hours. I will never be able to rise above anything but a sales associate in a franchised store.

Quit allowing Rite Aide, Sam's Club, and other stores to carry GNC products. Quit scaling back on other name brands that GNC stores are allowed to carry. Quit allowing GNC stores to open in less than a 15 mile radius of one another. Quit treating franchied GNC's like unwanted step-children.

Its okay, company has alot of internal miscommunications.

I have been working at GNC

Pros

If you love to help others feel great and live a healthy life then working at GNC is for you.

Cons

Gets very boring, and have to have very thorough knowledge of

There are newer employer reviews for GNC.

Worked for GNC? Contribute to the Community!