low-pay, high-pressure sales job

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Fort Lauderdale, FL
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at GNC part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

30 percent discount on products, increase knowledge of health, beauty and weightloss...decent hours, direct deposit, opportunities to advance in the company, commission on some products

Cons

very, very low pay (pretty much minimum wage) the products that they want you t sell the most of will not earn you commission...reprimanded if youre not hitting your numbers all the time

Advice to Management

reward and appreciate sales associates

Other Employee Reviews for GNC

1. Lots of Busy work

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Ann Arbor, MI
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Ann Arbor, MI

I worked at GNC part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good Products. I enjoy staying healthy/working out, so being in the store was fun for me. Commission on some items is nice too, can make extra money by selling certain things.

Cons

Wage (low), lots and lots of busy work. Setting up and taking down displays, lots of cleaning and stocking.

2. Tolerable

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Buffalo, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Buffalo, NY

I worked at GNC part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Relaxed workenvironment. -You're by yourself, so you don't have to worry about any annoying fellow employees. -Extensive company training, most of the info is learned on the job as well through repetition. -Fair pay for the work you do. -Very reasonable work hours.

Cons

-Pay for managers is menial. -Senior Store Managers and regional sales directors never have a clear idea on what to agree on. -Even the word "planograms" makes my skin crawl. -The stocking routine is faulty for some stores. -Made unreasonable demands some times. -Any managers above store managers are generally very conceited.

Advice to Management

Planograms take place too often and are mostly irrational. Make it good, make it last for a while. Sometimes, I'd think planograms were to be done just to give employees something to do.