GNC

There are newer employer reviews for GNC

Lots of Busy work

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Ann Arbor, MI
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Ann Arbor, MI

I worked at GNC part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good Products. I enjoy staying healthy/working out, so being in the store was fun for me. Commission on some items is nice too, can make extra money by selling certain things.

Cons

Wage (low), lots and lots of busy work. Setting up and taking down displays, lots of cleaning and stocking.

550 Other Employee Reviews for GNC (View Most Recent)

Tolerable

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Buffalo, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Buffalo, NY

I worked at GNC part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

-Relaxed workenvironment.
    -You're by yourself, so you don't have to worry about any annoying fellow employees.
    -Extensive company training, most of the info is learned on the job as well through repetition.
    -Fair pay for the work you do.
    -Very reasonable work hours.

Cons

-Pay for managers is menial.
    -Senior Store Managers and regional sales directors never have a clear idea on what to agree on.
    -Even the word "planograms" makes my skin crawl.
    -The stocking routine is faulty for some stores.
    -Made unreasonable demands some times.
    -Any managers above store managers are generally very conceited.

Planograms take place too often and are mostly irrational. Make it good, make it last for a while. Sometimes, I'd think planograms were to be done just to give employees something to do.

Decent enough part time job but depends on your location

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Gulf Breeze, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Gulf Breeze, FL

I worked at GNC part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Can learn a lot about supplements including natural herbs and amino acids, pay can be good if you're in a good location, discount.

Cons

Can be incredibly boring especially if it's not gold card week, constantly forced to push gold cards and GNC products including some really useless stuff, commission is only given on certain items and some of the best sellers gave none, constantly reprimanded for not selling people stuff they didn't want or didn't need, our manager gave herself all the best shifts including pulling a double on the first day of gold card week, if you're in a bad location your traffic can be non-existant which means your sales and commissions are too.

Reward the staff more through better commissions and offer better sales since online supplement market is often cheaper and more convenient.

There are newer employer reviews for GNC