There are newer employer reviews for GNC

A good overall retail workplace environment

Current Employee - Part Time Sales Associate  in  Ferndale, MI
Current Employee - Part Time Sales Associate in Ferndale, MI

I have been working at GNC part-time for more than a year

Pros

If you are a health and fitness nut, then it's an excellent place to work

Cons

It can get boring working by yourself some days

I think the prices could be more competitive. I think we lose a lot of business because other stores sell the same stuff cheaper

478 Other Employee Reviews for GNC (View Most Recent)

Not a bad start in sales.

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  Fort Wayne, IN
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Fort Wayne, IN

I have been working at GNC full-time for more than a year

Pros

Working for a franchisee allows me to make more in commission than most corporate associates. I get commission on all products I sell. I love the challenge work brings every single day.

Cons

My franchisee is a rather hard man to work for. Sometimes his goals are difficult to reach but that is what makes a successful salesman. I do not care for the amount of reset and plan'O'gram revisions that are sent out every month. It confuses the customer and we forget where something was moved to if it isn't a hot ticket item.

Pay your store managers more and we wouldn't have to resort to working for a francheise store. Ask for post secondary educated individuals to staff your store. It makes the customer think we know what we are talking about.

too much expectations, low pay

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at GNC part-time for more than a year

Pros

you get to work without a manager most of the time

Cons

ridiculous sales goals, regional sales directors are always on your case about numbers, constantly getting threatened to be written up my managers, boring and slow (sometimes the store is empty for hours), pay is really low and in my opinion a 25cent yearly raise is just insulting, commission is almost non existant considering you have to constantly worry about making numbers before selling commision items and nobody knows anything about nutrition. if you want to apply here because you are passionate about health and fitness- forget it. there is absolutely no way you can sell products that customers actually need or provide good customer service because you are constantly pressured to make sales goals. i have seen associates blatantly lie to customers to get them to buy stuff.

show your employees some appreciation, chill out on the numbers, focus on actually helping customers out, lower the prices on your supplements- nobody wants to pay $90 for a little tub of protein powder.

There are newer employer reviews for GNC

Worked for GNC? Contribute to the Community!