GNC
www.gnc.com Pittsburgh, PA 5000+ Employees

too much expectations, low pay

Sales Associate (Current Employee)

I have been working at GNC part-time for more than a year

Prosyou get to work without a manager most of the time

Consridiculous sales goals, regional sales directors are always on your case about numbers, constantly getting threatened to be written up my managers, boring and slow (sometimes the store is empty for hours), pay is really low and in my opinion a 25cent yearly raise is just insulting, commission is almost non existant considering you have to constantly worry about making numbers before selling commision items and nobody knows anything about nutrition. if you want to apply here because you are passionate about health and fitness- forget it. there is absolutely no way you can sell products that customers actually need or provide good customer service because you are constantly pressured to make sales goals. i have seen associates blatantly lie to customers to get them to buy stuff.

Advice to Senior Managementshow your employees some appreciation, chill out on the numbers, focus on actually helping customers out, lower the prices on your supplements- nobody wants to pay $90 for a little tub of protein powder.

I'm sorry sir/ma'am, You can't leave the store until you buy what I tell you to.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at GNC part-time for more than 5 years

Pros: -the whole day at work may be "your lunch break". Cons: -Toxic work environment that clearly starts from the top-down (probably induced by the high quotas) -Absurd quota metrics. (spare me the "its a sales job, what… Advice to Senior Management: Needs a stronger focus on internal research and development. The company seems to allocate most of its expenses towards marketing. If the products truly were… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Not a bad start in sales.

Sales Associate (Current Employee)
Fort Wayne, IN

I have been working at GNC full-time for more than a year

Pros: Working for a franchisee allows me to make more in commission than most corporate associates. I… Cons: My franchisee is a rather hard man to work for. Sometimes his goals are difficult to reach but that is what makes a successful salesman.… Advice to Senior Management: Pay your store managers more and we wouldn't have to resort to working for a francheise store. Ask for… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on GNC.

Worked for GNC? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at GNC reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for GNC CEO Joe Fortunato. All reviews posted anonymously by GNC employees.