GNC

www.gnc.com

Store Manager

Retail Store Manager (Current Employee)

ProsThe customers are great! Helping people meet their fitness goals no matter how big or small. 30% off is nice. All the knowledge you obtain from 3rd party companies as well as GNC. It can be a lot of fun!

ConsHigh Stress, have seen many great employee's move on due to the stress. Constant nagging about not keeping numbers on certain products to a minimum nevermind that your dollars are way up. Hard to keep employee's due to all the micro managing and bickering about hitting those numbers not paid enough at minimum wage plus commission to put up with it.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet the managers truely manage their stores. Bring back the ordering on our own. Allow managers to hire someone without them having to be interviewed by 2 or more people at a time. GNC is a great company it's just got to stop worrying so much about the numbers of those certain items and look at the bottom dollar if a store is making 10% more $ be happy! Otherwise it's making it to where no one wants to sell that 1 bar to the customer, or that water. And every penny adds up.

Senior Store Manager

Senior Store Manager (Current Employee) Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at GNC full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Potential for career advancement. Fun working with company vendors. Lots of free products from… Cons: If you want to move up beyond a store manager, you will have to relocate. Under paid and not a fair pay structure when it… Advice to Senior Management: A manager should not constantly feel like they are going to get fired for having one bad week or month. Give a manager every opportunity… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Enjoyable company to work for

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Alpharetta, GA

I worked at GNC part-time for more than a year

Pros: -Always on your feet doing something -A lot of interaction with… Cons: -Quite a bit of repetitive tasks -Having to meet multiple company… Advice to Senior Management: Implement more incentives to your employees to encourage them to… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on GNC.

Worked for GNC? Contribute to the Community!