GNC

There are newer employer reviews for GNC

Very long and slow days

Current Employee - GNC in Vancouver, WA
Current Employee - GNC in Vancouver, WA

I have been working at GNC part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

best reasons to be there are the people that come back and talk about the goals we've helped them achieve

Cons

too much down time sometimes

create more out door marketing

580 Other Employee Reviews for GNC (View Most Recent)

High Pressure on Employees and Customers

Former Employee - Regional Sales Director
    Former Employee - Regional Sales Director

I worked at GNC full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I take Vitamins. However I purchase my Vitamins at Vitamin World and Vitamin Shoppe, where employees are treated fairly, along with their customers.

Cons

High pressure on the employees and also customers to purchase certain items in order to meet a quote that is set by Upper Management of the Company. DVP and above. Terrible stress levels. RSD's and above are in and out of the hospital and Dr's office's for stress related illness. Employees in stores are threaten to meet quotas, if they don't they are written up / results come to termination. If the public knew of the mistreated employees at GNC they would not shop at this company. How do I know? I worked there. Lots of untruths goes on in this company. GNC slogan is Respect Yourself.....they need to learn to respect their own employees.

Stop threatening your Field MGR's and store level employees.Stop making your employees sell your customers products they do not want or need. Stop hiring Upper Management people in the company who had already been terminated from other companies for cussing the employees there. Bad move on your part.

Current employee, really slow for lower volume stores.

Current Employee - Store Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at GNC full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Get a good discount if you are into working out.

Cons

Management is really young. I feel like im in high school again with the he said she said. everyone is out to get each other, which is why theres always a high turn over rate. You only get paid half time for your overtime. If you arent in a busy store, you only make the base salary because your commission amounts to nothing.

Stop being immature and handle situations on the spot.

There are newer employer reviews for GNC