There are newer employer reviews for GNC

For a part-time college student, it's the perfect job.

Current Employee - Part Time Sales Associate in Tampa, FL
Current Employee - Part Time Sales Associate in Tampa, FL

I have been working at GNC part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible hours, easy retail stuff like cleaning, rotation, etc. At my particular location you rarely deal with more than one customer at a time, allowing you to recognize your regulars and keeps the stress of people stealing during a rush down quite a bit. You decide how much you want to sell in order to make money. It's also nice when people come back to tell you how much they liked the product you recommended, or when regulars come back to see you specifically. A lot of your time is spent unsupervised, which means you can take frequent breaks if needed but I highly advise keeping busy! The day just goes by slow if you sit there and fart around, not to mention managers love part timers who actually do their job. (Obviously.)

Climbing the corporate ladder is easy if you actually do your job consistently and reliably.

Cons

Some stress over sales numbers. Some days, you just get extremely unlucky and everyone else gets lucky the rest of the time. The most successful people are usually quite pushy which may increase sales, but hurts the customer-employee relationship. There's actually a bit of a stigma regarding GNC salespeople in the fitness community, which damages your credibility when recommending products or trying to help people. While retail stores do have overhead, a large majority of business is lost to online retailers. This leads to customer complaints, and a feeling of helplessness as you cannot match online price.

Advice to Management

Improve your marketing to reflect new marketing techniques; start a GNC forum, have knowledgeable moderators and experts posting, consider matching online prices.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Very long and slow days

Current Employee - GNC in Vancouver, WA
    Current Employee - GNC in Vancouver, WA

I have been working at GNC part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

best reasons to be there are the people that come back and talk about the goals we've helped them achieve

Cons

too much down time sometimes

Advice to Management

create more out door marketing

High Pressure on Employees and Customers

Former Employee - Regional Sales Director
    Former Employee - Regional Sales Director

I worked at GNC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I take Vitamins. However I purchase my Vitamins at Vitamin World and Vitamin Shoppe, where employees are treated fairly, along with their customers.

Cons

High pressure on the employees and also customers to purchase certain items in order to meet a quote that is set by Upper Management of the Company. DVP and above. Terrible stress levels. RSD's and above are in and out of the hospital and Dr's office's for stress related illness. Employees in stores are threaten to meet quotas, if they don't they are written up / results come to termination. If the public knew of the mistreated employees at GNC they would not shop at this company. How do I know? I worked there. Lots of untruths goes on in this company. GNC slogan is Respect Yourself.....they need to learn to respect their own employees.

Advice to Management

Stop threatening your Field MGR's and store level employees.Stop making your employees sell your customers products they do not want or need. Stop hiring Upper Management people in the company who had already been terminated from other companies for cussing the employees there. Bad move on your part.