GNC

www.gnc.com
  www.gnc.com
There are newer employer reviews for GNC

Not a very good place to work

Former Employee - GNC Sales Associate in Appleton, WI
Former Employee - GNC Sales Associate in Appleton, WI

I worked at GNC part-time (more than an year)

Pros

You earn commission on some products that you sell. They have a generous employee discount and somewhat flexible hours if you are working at a store that is not understaffed.

Cons

They only pay minimum wage and expect you to be an expert in vitamins. For what they expect you to know, they really ought to pay more. You are usually working alone, so it's difficult to find time to eat lunch when the store is busy. They don't provide enough training.

550 Other Employee Reviews for GNC (View Most Recent)

GNC has taken care of me throughout my college career but now it's time to move on

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at GNC full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Work life balance is decent.
    Not a stressful job

Cons

Micromanaging, using personal phones for work, constant text messages, open 7 days a week, low pay, upper management could care less about store managers and associates. Promo updates, constantly updating and printing out sales tags which gets extremely annoying.

Show some appreciation and value for managers and employees. Re-structure the GNC selling culture and KPI system. If you only want GNC products sold then DO NOT carry 3rd party products!

Easy job, low pay.

I have been working at GNC

Pros

-It is an easy job, regular day includes maintaining the store and sales; managing the sales team which is fairly simple because most of the time the team is made up of 2-5 people. Occasional plan-o-grams; mark downs; some paper work but it does not take long not is it complicated.
    -free product; vendor relations;
    -Talking to people about fitness and supplements was a pro a for me because I'm into it.

Cons

-Most of the time you work alone; it can get really boring.
    -Room for advancement is small; getting into a higher volume store only gives a few K pay increase. Higher paying positions are scarce, raises are low.
    -The sales structure turns a lot of customers off
    -Fairly low pay; even for managers not enough to live comfortably on their own.

Cut down on all the demands; pay your managers more and stop opening up so many new locations.

There are newer employer reviews for GNC