There are newer employer reviews for GNC

Great position to learn supplements and interact with customers

Current Employee - GNC Store Manager in Rochester, MN
Current Employee - GNC Store Manager in Rochester, MN

I have been working at GNC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Free samples of supplements. Great opportunity to learn about products.

Cons

Forced sales. Job is threatened unless Key point indicators are made each month

Advice to Management

Stop the Key Point Indicators. Customers can not stand the employees because of the pushy sales. Done tell employees that a sale is a sale then threaten job loss if KPI's are not met.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Unorganized

Former Employee - Store Manager in Roswell, NM
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Roswell, NM

I worked at GNC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Awesome discounts but dishonest employees get to work alone and close or open alone. hiring needs to be revamped since everyone is basically a key holder

Cons

awful upper management, high turn over, low pay, crazy sales goals, never do you get two days off in a row

Advice to Management

come to the stores more!! my boss was 4 hours away and i saw him once in six months

Who you work with determines the experience at GNC

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Branford, CT
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Branford, CT

I worked at GNC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Min wage pay. On some products ( not all ) you get a small bonus. The products with the commission for sales associates are the ones that no one really even wanted to buy . If you are not the manager the bonus is minimal to none. Managers make all the commission.

Cons

My pay check was wrong every single month. Sometimes buy a lot. I even got a letter from the court asking me to testify for an employee that was suing for wages he never got. If you work with bad managers and mean spirited people it can be just awful daily. If you get in with nice people it could be a decent job. They constantly change your schedule and the hours are different every week. Not cool. Also it is extremely boring, the store I was in got 4 to 5 customers a day. If your not in the malls for get it you will need to bring a book daily. No electronics aloud and you are there all alone all day and some times late at night. No music in stores so it is quiet 90 percent of the time if a customer does not come in it is just you in there. I was told several times I would be the manager of the store and never was. They lie just to shut you up. They teach you nothing about 80 percent of the products and you have to teach your self. They will look for any little reason to get rid of you because the turn over is out of control there and they don't care for some strange reason about people or job security. No work ethics in my opinion. They only care about what the store made and that's it. Sorry its another bad choice best of luck on you search.

Advice to Management

Look up work ethics and learn how to be a real manager that people would look up to.