GNC

There are newer employer reviews for GNC

Competitive

Current Employee - Part Time Sales Associate in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Part Time Sales Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at GNC part-time (less than an year)

Pros

I am probably one of the few people who actually love my job. I feel as though it is a competitive environment and I am always trying to improve each day. Its nice to get paid commission and I like meeting those trying to improve their health!

Cons

I feel as though upper management expect you to hit certain goals EVERY DAY which is near impossible, even if you are at a high volume store. I do not like the fact that my job is always at risk if customers refuse to buy product.

Most of the RSD and upper management creating these sales goals need to actually work in a store. Its not as easy as it may seem!

546 Other Employee Reviews for GNC (View Most Recent)

Good job, clean enviornment, non stable pay.

Current Employee - GNC Sales Associate in Warminster, PA
    Current Employee - GNC Sales Associate in Warminster, PA

I have been working at GNC part-time (less than an year)

Pros

This place was cool and informing. You learn a lot about the body and health as you go and the place was ran really well.

Cons

(cont.) It was just too far away from where I live so it was taking a toll on gas and living situations.

My advice to management would be to have more intricate events, where one educates people on their bodies and things they can do to increase longevity. Have small giveaways and specials on product, but hold the sales for a shorter period of time with more advertisement.

Significant down time.

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Davis, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Davis, CA

I worked at GNC full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

A lot of down time, simple work, nothing too complicated, gives you a good sense of nutrition products. Most managers are fairly laid back. Some commission.

Cons

Base pay is low. Very corporate in the "c word" sense. Hourly employees are not respected much by company executives and there is some sense that you are expected to be a robot when dealing with customers.

There are newer employer reviews for GNC