GNY Insurance Companies

www.gny.com

OK

Current Employee - Receptionist
Current Employee - Receptionist

Pros

Co workers and the ambiance

Cons

GOSSIP seniority over worked and underpaid

Other reviews for GNY Insurance Companies

Great Atmosphere, all levels of personnel, including executives are friendly and approachable - Hope to Work There Again

Current Employee - Accounting Assistant  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Accounting Assistant in New York, NY

Pros

I started working at GNY in 2007 in the Accounting Department as an Accounts Payable Clerk. Eventually, a role with more responsibility in the main accounting department opened up. I asked if I could move into the position and they offered it to me, so yes, there is room for growth. The company had very good traning programs to advance skills. It was a very relaxed, friendly environment and management was down-to-earth and approachable. The hours were very good, 9-5 with paid lunch. At the time I was there, I received 100% paid medical benefits and a very good 401 (k) package.

Cons

They pay was terrible. I loved working there but had to leave because they would not budge as far as increasing my salary. Also, the computer systems were terribly outdated using old software that was probably 20 years out of date! Besides that, all the pro's outweigh the con's. ...Wish I still worked there, miss everyone!

Offer a more competitive salary. Your company and people are wonderful! I enjoyed going to work every day and never had any distress with anyone. I would love to come back someday!

GNY Insurance Companies Response

Aug 12, 2014Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for the feedback. We do strive to pay competitive salaries as well keep our rich benefit program including generous time off and pension plan.

Working for GNY was a great learning experience.

Former Employee - Clerical/Rater/Junior Underwriter  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Clerical/Rater/Junior Underwriter in New York, NY

Pros

GNY has great training programs.

Cons

They do not handle as many commercial lines in comparison to other leading insurance companies.

GNY Insurance Companies Response

Aug 12, 2014Talent Acquisition Specialist

We take pride in our long standing training programs. Since we are a niche carrier, we offer a certain product of services.

There are newer employer reviews for GNY Insurance Companies.

Worked for GNY Insurance Companies? Contribute to the Community!