GNY Insurance Companies
www.gny.com New York, NY 150 to 499 Employees

Great Experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
New York, NY

I worked at GNY Insurance Companies full-time for more than a year

ProsIt was refreshing to be able to participate in an area truly devoted to change. The leadership was strong and willing to work together with the team to develop solutions that would work to improve results. The goals were clear and the environment was supportive which helped us to succeed.

ConsIt takes time to see the results of change. The Company should find ways to expedite the process of getting the word out.

Advice to Senior ManagementI joined GNY at the tail end of my career and having worked at other companies prior to GNY, I recognize the benefit of being at a place where management cares enough to be involved in the day-to-day. You should be more public about internal successes and achievements because there are many worth applauding.

Micromanaged company with extremely dissatisfied employees

Underwriting Trainee (Former Employee)
Quincy, MA

I worked at GNY Insurance Companies full-time for more than a year

Pros: It is a paying job Cons: Micromanaged by people who lack leadership skills. Guidelines change every 6 months which lead to high… Advice to Senior Management: Listen to employees when help is asked for. Don't pile on more work in spite of it. … No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Glad I left

Junior Underwriter (Former Employee)
Quincy, MA

I worked at GNY Insurance Companies full-time for less than a year

Pros: The small office environment really worked for me initially Cons: Benefits and pay are both lacking. Technology is lack luster. High turn over.… Advice to Senior Management: The high turnover should be an indication that the culture of your company leaves something to be desired. The definition of insanity… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on GNY Insurance Companies.

Worked for GNY Insurance Companies? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at GNY Insurance Companies reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for GNY Insurance Companies CEO Warren W. Heck. All reviews posted anonymously by GNY Insurance Companies employees.