There are newer employer reviews for GNY Insurance Companies

Great Experience

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at GNY Insurance Companies full-time (more than an year)

Pros

It was refreshing to be able to participate in an area truly devoted to change. The leadership was strong and willing to work together with the team to develop solutions that would work to improve results. The goals were clear and the environment was supportive which helped us to succeed.

Cons

It takes time to see the results of change. The Company should find ways to expedite the process of getting the word out.

I joined GNY at the tail end of my career and having worked at other companies prior to GNY, I recognize the benefit of being at a place where management cares enough to be involved in the day-to-day. You should be more public about internal successes and achievements because there are many worth applauding.

14 Other Employee Reviews for GNY Insurance Companies (View Most Recent)

Micromanaged company with extremely dissatisfied employees

Former Employee - Underwriting Trainee in Quincy, MA
    Former Employee - Underwriting Trainee in Quincy, MA

I worked at GNY Insurance Companies full-time (more than an year)

Pros

It is a paying job

Cons

Micromanaged by people who lack leadership skills. Guidelines change every 6 months which lead to high amounts of non-renewals and are wedging themselves out of the niche market that they so highly desire

Listen to employees when help is asked for. Don't pile on more work in spite of it. The company is unable to grow and reach true potential due to the window getting smaller and smaller (changing guidelines)

Glad I left

Former Employee - Junior Underwriter in Quincy, MA
    Former Employee - Junior Underwriter in Quincy, MA

I worked at GNY Insurance Companies full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The small office environment really worked for me initially

Cons

Benefits and pay are both lacking. Technology is lack luster. High turn over. No advancement opportunities. The culture is such that everyone is out for themselves.

The high turnover should be an indication that the culture of your company leaves something to be desired. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. You'll never retain REAL talent without making some changes.

There are newer employer reviews for GNY Insurance Companies