Great place to work

Pros

Great place to work and develop. Employee well-being is a stated and demonstrated value.

Cons

Every organization has areas to enhance and it's all a matter of perspective.

Other Employee Reviews for GOJO

Unprofessional, can't make decisions

Pros

This review reflects an interview experience, not actual employment. People were friendly and they do have some nice perks like free food for employees.

Cons

A constant theme I heard from the interviewers (which surprised me) was this company takes forever to make "consensus" decisions and it can be very problematic within the company. Also, some interviewers seemed very unprepared and the hiring manager himself said, "I don't want to know anything about the candidate before the interview," and this was for a senior leadership position! The interviews themselves focused little on experience and knowledge needed to actually do the work, instead they focused on competencies that honestly seemed irrelevant. I have been involved in behavioral interviews that hit the mark but these seemed disjointed, like they were using the process because they were told to. So after a half day of interviewing the recruiter does not bother to meet to debrief, discuss next steps, and show me out of company. Parking was to be validated but I was told by a very rude assistant "we don't do that." I sent the customary thank you's and follow up the next day and then heard nothing. After several attempts to get information I finally get a reply from the recruiter a month later after another email inquiry saying "sorry for the delay, we are looking at other candidates." I understand there is not always a fit but the unprofessional treatment and lack of basic respect for people came through loud and clear. Be careful here.

Advice to Management

First, read the reviews of what your people are saying on this sight (and others). I can see all of it based on my brief time there. Try to be prepared, professional, and don't waste individuals' time. Gojo quickly moved to the bottom of the list of the companies I was interviewing with. Glad I ended up in a better company.

2. Great company however decline in support of employees

Pros

Great benefits including flex time in some departments. The company is doing well even in a declining economy.

Cons

Company is having growing pains and currently in between a manufacturing company and a marketing company. There is a growing gap of haves and have nots. If you are a sales/marketing professional you are rewarded while other resources vital to the company's base business are left doing more for less. Lack of rewards/raises and promotions to consistent performers while others are promoted every other year for doing little more than their job.

Advice to Management

Treat all your employees equally. Don't overlook contributions of key functions in lieu of people who take the spotlight. Give raises more freely including a mandatory increase if you get good reviews year after year. Managers tend not to give raises unless someone asks directly, this should be something the company enforces from the top down.