There are newer employer reviews for GOJO

Good but will take some work to be great

Former Employee - Senior Engineer  in  Akron, OH
Former Employee - Senior Engineer in Akron, OH

I worked at GOJO

Pros

-Compensation is extremely competitive.
-Great CEO.
-Team based environment.
-Very friendly cross organizational culture.
-Good work life balance attitude.
-Good place to work for local hires.
-Company is growing and genuinely wants to improve.

Cons

-Very unpredictable job security, lots of firing with no communication to team members.
-Uncompetitive yearly raises/cost of living adjustments
- If relocating to Akron, there is little opportunity locally if something at GOJO doesn't work well.
- Very little project/program prioritization leads to challenges with resources. Company prides itself on meeting any customer request.
A lot of people fear losing their job and therefore do not actively speak up or embrace change.
Team based environment lacking some individual ownership.

Fix the fear aspect within the culture and GOJO will go from good to great.
Recognize the importance of long term retention of talent.

24 Other Employee Reviews for GOJO (View Most Recent)

GOJO -Depends on what you are looking for....

Former Employee - Product Manager  in  Akron, OH
    Former Employee - Product Manager in Akron, OH

I worked at GOJO

Pros

The people. Everyone is very friendly and interested in helping.
    The offices. The downtown office is very nice. It is cubeville but it has been well thought out. All conference rooms have computers and projectors. Also there are cubby holes that you can go work in when you need quiet time.
    Flexible schedules. Depending on the department they are very flexible about work schedules.

Cons

Management. They are only worried about their own pockets. There is not that much information sharing from the top to the bottom. Also it is very much a male dominated company.
    Hiring practices: The job desriptions are way off. They are gathered from the internet instead of reflecting the actual job.
    Bonuses. They forget to tell you when hired that bonuses are reflective of your review and at GOJO a good job is a 5 out of 10. That means you get half of your promised bonus.
    GOJO is very much a sales led company.

Look and listen. Care about the pesonal growth of all the career paths. Hire more women in higher positons.

Unprofessional, can't make decisions

I worked at GOJO

Pros

This review reflects an interview experience, not actual employment. People were friendly and they do have some nice perks like free food for employees.

Cons

A constant theme I heard from the interviewers (which surprised me) was this company takes forever to make "consensus" decisions and it can be very problematic within the company. Also, some interviewers seemed very unprepared and the hiring manager himself said, "I don't want to know anything about the candidate before the interview," and this was for a senior leadership position! The interviews themselves focused little on experience and knowledge needed to actually do the work, instead they focused on competencies that honestly seemed irrelevant. I have been involved in behavioral interviews that hit the mark but these seemed disjointed, like they were using the process because they were told to. So after a half day of interviewing the recruiter does not bother to meet to debrief, discuss next steps, and show me out of company. Parking was to be validated but I was told by a very rude assistant "we don't do that." I sent the customary thank you's and follow up the next day and then heard nothing. After several attempts to get information I finally get a reply from the recruiter a month later after another email inquiry saying "sorry for the delay, we are looking at other candidates." I understand there is not always a fit but the unprofessional treatment and lack of basic respect for people came through loud and clear. Be careful here.

First, read the reviews of what your people are saying on this sight (and others). I can see all of it based on my brief time there. Try to be prepared, professional, and don't waste individuals' time. Gojo quickly moved to the bottom of the list of the companies I was interviewing with. Glad I ended up in a better company.

There are newer employer reviews for GOJO

Worked for GOJO? Contribute to the Community!