GP Strategies

There are newer employer reviews for GP Strategies

Getting Stronger by Acquisition

Current Employee - Business Development (Sales) in Elkridge, MD
Current Employee - Business Development (Sales) in Elkridge, MD

I have been working at GP Strategies full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

GP Strategies (formerly General Physics) is the premier learning and performance focused company. GP has enhanced their already strong brand in the training outsourcing realm with ~15 acquisitions over the past five years. I joined GP during one of the recent acquisitions and have been impressed by the family-oriented atmosphere, benefits, and open leadership structure.

Cons

Many consultants in the field are not aware of all of the capabilities of the expansive corporation. When clients and partners ask if we can fulfill a certain requirement, I am not certain that a majority of the field consultants know the full breadth of what GP can and cannot do.
Also, the sales process and incentive structures are inconsistent across the company's divisions. GP Corporate is aware of this and is working on a resolution; it is not an easy task.

88 Other Employee Reviews for GP Strategies (View Most Recent)

Great home and work balance

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Elkridge, MD
    Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Elkridge, MD

I have been working at GP Strategies

Pros

They are very flexible in terms of allowing a person to balance work and home. They are understanding of personal issues

Cons

Salary compensation tends to be below average

Very good if you wanna travel 100%

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Elkridge, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Elkridge, MD

I have been working at GP Strategies

Pros

Work environment is very pleasant and management is very reachable and helpful. If you wanna travel, this is probably the best company to be a part of.

Cons

They barely have any non-travel position. and the travel position are 100% travel. even though they are willing to fly you back every weekend, all expenses paid, it still keeps you away from family during the week.

I would just say, try to come up with non-travel positions. Other than that, company is pretty decent and likable.

There are newer employer reviews for GP Strategies