Overworked and Severely underpaid

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Fredericksburg, VA
Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Fredericksburg, VA

Pros

I loved the customers! The regulars I saw on a daily basis, some several times a day, were wonderful, friendly individuals some of who I still maintain a friendship with.

Cons

The DM, RM and those at the main office in Richmond have no respect for those who bust their butts in those stores in order to give the higher ups the salaries & perks they enjoy. The training, when it's provided, is poor at best and if there's an issue in a store the support is non-existent.

Advice to Management

Pull your heads out and have some appreciation and respect for those who make those little stores turn a profit and pay your salaries!

Other Employee Reviews for GPM Investments

Terrible company

Former Employee - Storre Manager in Scranton, SC
    Former Employee - Storre Manager in Scranton, SC

I worked at GPM Investments full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I had a wonderful staff that went above and beyond. I met a lot of great people in my three years and I learned a lot.

Cons

Managers are expected to work a minimum of 52 hours a week (only got paid for 40), to cover shifts at a moments notice, and always be available because if not you'll get in trouble. Terrible home/work balance and definitely not enough pay for the headache. This company doesn't like to fix things the right way, everything is just rigged to work until either it can't be rigged anymore or someone gets hurt. Absolutely no concern for employees health and well-being. I honestly don't know how this company is still running.

Advice to Management

Don't harras your employees, and don't openly accuse people of anything. And please fix things before they hurt people.

2. assistant manager

Pros

raise every 6 months, free fountain drinks while ur at work.

Cons

they push plus sellin if u dont meet the percentage you get written up

Advice to Management

give some slack to the plus sellin all people cant do it like u want them to