GREE International
www.gree.co.jp Tokyo, Japan 1000 to 5000 Employees

Avoid at all costs- unless you want your work to be meaningless and have no value

Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee)
San Francisco, CA

I worked at GREE International full-time for more than a year

Prosfree lunch and snacks
they like the have parties

Consupper management is completely a birds nest, they have no clue as to how to run a business and how to treat employees. there has been a mass exodus lately because the company is doing poorly in the US they just had a layooff and they are moving stuff back to japan. its sad really since they had a shot at things but cant seem to get out of their own way. they don't listen to advice from within and most decisions get made in japan where they don't have an idea about what works in the USA.

Advice to Senior Managementdon't take people who work building your products for granted, listen to what people are really saying. since the funzion acquisition you blew it and can't seem to find a good culture for what you want to do. or close the doors and move back to where the company came from because you won't make it here. the competition is stiff and you have a lot of dead wood in the building.

Large company, growing pains, cultural mis matches due to constant stream of acquisitions

I have been working at GREE International full-time for more than a year

Pros: Great , bright , smart people Fast paced, hot industry ,… Cons: Culture Lack of clarity of vision or communication from exec mgt about where the company is… Advice to Senior Management: One size fits all approach does not work. This is US not Japan. Use the expertise in your local markets, these people know what they're… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

A company with hardcore, super smart people who love games - work hard play hard

I have been working at GREE International full-time for more than a year

Pros: A leader in the game industry, particularly mobile free to play games where the space is going. Great people… Cons: Hardcore environment, if you want an 'easy job' this isn't the place for you (most here actually think that's a pro but prob not for… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on GREE International.

Worked for GREE International? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at GREE International reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for GREE International CEO Yoshikazu Tanaka. All reviews posted anonymously by GREE International employees.