GREE International
www.gree.co.jp Tokyo, Japan 1000 to 5000 Employees

Some great people and teams trying to adapt to a fast moving industry.

San Francisco, CA

ProsThere are some very talented and highly competent people working together on some great teams. While this might not apply company wide, I have been fortunate to learn a lot and have an impact despite coming to the company with little experience in gaming.
Business intelligence and analytics is very strong and executives have had to make tough decisions to reorganize and cut some games. For some, this may seem like the company lacks direction but it is actually intelligent, calculated business strategy as far as I can tell. The ex-Funzio team really drives the organization and it is a good sign that many are so adaptable. The company also invests a great amount of time improving and optimizing the game after it is launched and the results show.

ConsMaking hard decisions along with acquisitions and reorganizations leaves some people jaded. This also contributes to significant turnover rate.
With the size of the company and constant changes, politics inevitably comes into play for some promotions.
Some people have been put in roles that don't really make sense or seem redundant. There is often a large disparity in how much people work and the impact they have.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe a little more careful about hiring/promotions and organization. Demand more from all employees.

Was a great company to work for, until the Funzio acquisition

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at GREE International full-time for more than a year

Pros: Device reimbursement Free Lunch and Dinner Well stocked kitchen Cons: The dinner was moved to a later time, after public transportation has slowed, to encourage working later hours. Execs do not seem to care about non-Exec… Advice to Senior Management: Get off your high horse. You're not as good at this as you think you are. You hired people to do a job. Let them… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Good place to work.

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee)
    San Francisco, CA

I have been working at GREE International full-time for less than a year

Pros: - Young team. Full of energy. - Good benefits ( Cover transportation… Cons: - Too young - Had a hard time to start working on the code in the beginning because lack of instructions & documentations. - Still in… Advice to Senior Management: - VPs too busy. - Need a better way… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on GREE International.

Worked for GREE International? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at GREE International reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for GREE International CEO Yoshikazu Tanaka. All reviews posted anonymously by GREE International employees.