Wonderful

Former Employee - Engineer in Indianapolis, IN
Former Employee - Engineer in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at GRW Engineers full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lay Back and wonderful company to work for.

Cons

Need more work to keep busy

Other Employee Reviews for GRW Engineers

1. Nice and proffessional place to work

Pros

The full time employees that I interacted with were both courteous and professional. The work environment was laid back and professional.

Cons

Nothing to complain about. The only small drawback was that there wasn't a break area where you could sit and eat. I always ate at my desk or out of the office.

Advice to Management

I would not advise the management to change anything. They were all very kind and professional. I liked that they had mostly a hands of approach in regards to the employee when the project was running smoothly.

2. Project Manager

I worked at GRW Engineers full-time

Pros

GRW has extremely knowledgeable staff and works on a very diverse array of projects. There are plenty of opportunities to build your own knowledge base.

Cons

There is virtually no room for growth and it is still very much "the old boys club". Even though they did very well to weather the recent economic downturn, compensation has not been fairly dispersed over the past couple of years and many people are allowed to take advantage of a loose work environment while others make up for that with uncompensated overtime.

Advice to Management

Pay attention. Retaining employees is much cheaper than training new hires. Your exposure may not be where you think it is. There has been a steady trickle of talent leaving with many more looking. And your benefits are not comparable to what everyone else is offering. Keep an eye on how perks (golf outings, luncheons, etc.) are being allotted to employees.