There are newer employer reviews for GS5, LLC

A++++ Employer

I have been working at GS5, LLC full-time

Pros

Love the small company atmosphere! Management is always accessible and approachable. GS5 frequently recognizes associates for their hard work and contributions, I feel very valued as an associate. Benefits package is fantastic. Positive culture and high standards keep this company growing.

Cons

Associates are so spread out (worldwide) that it's impossible to ever all meet in one place.

Keep doing what you're doing, great job!

7 Other Employee Reviews for GS5, LLC (View Most Recent)

Company senior level management inconsistent and immature in policy and employee management.

Former Employee - Senior Program Analyst
    Former Employee - Senior Program Analyst

I worked at GS5, LLC full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I experienced opportunities for professional growth, but little to no opportunity for advancement within the company. My performance was rated outstanding by the government customer, and by the company owners and senior level management.

Cons

No opportunity to rise within the company. The management structure is small, with employee management decisions implemented inconsistently and in some cases with bias (favoritism) by the select few. If employees are liked by management, and worked hard, they received praise. If employees were no longer considered valuable (end of contract), they were demoted or let go, or in some cases (observed) pressured to resign.

I would recommend to management to consistently implement employee hiring and performance management policies across the company. Additionally, develop a managerial team that has more depth of employee managerial experience, so that employees and senior management have an equal buffer zone from which to more effectively operate without bias or favoritism.

Good company to work for. No (major) complaints.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlottesville, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlottesville, VA

I have been working at GS5, LLC full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good perks for athletes (gym membership) and sports fans (tickets to games).
    Management stays out of your hair when they're not needed.
    Cash bonuses are handed out more frequently than I've seen with other contracting firms.
    Management will bend over backwards for an employee if they value him/her.
    Bonus for referring new business (1% of new contract).

Cons

More paperwork required for annual reviews than I've seen with other contracting firms (but not considerably more).
    Cash bonuses, while issued more frequently, are smaller than I've seen with other contracting firms.
    No opportunity to invest in the company.

Continue to grow the business.
    Consider some form of Employee Stock Purchase and/or Profit Sharing program, to give employees a bigger stake in the company's success.

There are newer employer reviews for GS5, LLC