GSD&M

www.gsdm.com

Legacy agency in need of visionary leadership

Account Service (Former Employee) Austin, TX

ProsGreat people. The client roster is growing and getting more interesting in recent years. Bringing on younger, more relevant creative talent to compete in today's marketplace. If you are just starting your career, they are a good agency to "cut your teeth on" given process and IdeaU opportunities.

ConsLeadership is seriously lacking. Duff is out of touch with the talent within the walls and is too buried in financials to recognize the stars. They have been hemorrhaging good people over the last few years. Folks that lived, breathed and contributed to the culture -- and could get anywhere from 20-50% higher pay elsewhere in Austin, or anywhere else in the country easily. Account Management is horrendously broken. Lots of client drones that don't fight for good work. The entire department needs to be overhauled, and get a leader that can inspire everyone from the dinosaur GADs to the fresh AAEs.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave a vision, not a budget forecast. Inspire, don't use scare tactics. Trim the fat, reward the rising stars. Being "on the same page" should be more than a checklist. Get Roy and Judy back involved; the heart and soul of the agency left with them.

Great company culture, people, and work.

Account Director (Current Employee) Austin, TX

I have been working at GSD&M full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: They really care about their people. They are passionate about the work. Great clients. Don't put up with people or clients being disrespectful. to their employees. 'Freedom and Responsibility"… Cons: They do not seem to have grown over the last few… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

great experience

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Austin, TX

I have been working at GSD&M full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: freedom and responsibility, curiousity, winning Cons: grew too fast in my opinion More
There are newer reviews on GSD&M.

Worked for GSD&M? Contribute to the Community!